Protecting Multicharts Code, best ways?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Alex27, Feb 18, 2016.

1. botpro

botpro

Another alternative would be this solution:
    have your own server (ie. rent a VPS or a root server at a provider, or have your own server in your own room), let your core software run there.
    What you give out to your customer would be just a simple application that connects to your server and gets served from your server...
    Network programming is easy...

#11     Feb 19, 2016
    alex314159 likes this.
  2. Alex27

Alex27

#12     Feb 19, 2016
  3. Convert the PLA to SEF and delete PLA with source code from your PC and save it externally somewhere. Use only SEF inside Multicharts

#13     Feb 19, 2016
  4. Alex27

Alex27

thanks pro

thanks profit locker what do you think of using LEAN as a platform would it be more secure if you fork it ?

#14     Feb 19, 2016
  5. On the retail side for auto/algo trading, Multicharts is hard to beat. They've gone beyond reinventing the wheel. I trade intraday, and MC integrates flawlessly into the Interactive Brokers API, allowing me to easily manage multiple instruments.

#15     Feb 19, 2016
    Alex27 likes this.
  6. Alex27

Alex27

Do you trust it on the security side in terms of them seeing your strategy ?

I heard sierra chart is good its c++

I like Multicharts but you can't see the code.

My friend said this is good

The best product I have worked with (by far) is Deltix (http://www.deltixlab.com/) but it is very expensive and has a steep learning curve, that I implemented for a customer and had access to a license for a while. This is the only end-to-end application that I’ve ever seen that handles everything (data feeds & storage, research, back-testing and optimisation, trade execution, and reporting). If I could justify the cost (which is crazy for me since they are a US company and I and in AU), I’d buy it tomorrow.

Not sure how much it is, tho.

#16     Feb 20, 2016
  7. Their business in not to crack code. I wouldn't worry about it. You're overparanoid. You can't create every resource yourself. People need other people and resources. Focus most of your efforts on trading and not security

#17     Feb 20, 2016
    Alex27 likes this.
  8. Alex27

Alex27

I am focussed on the trading just like to cover all bases ;)

That Deltix is really powerful 100k to use per yr - great for hedge fund level - connects to everything.

#18     Feb 20, 2016
  9. botpro

botpro

Sorry, then I just don't understand what or where your problem really is.
    Isn't your system running on your own computer?
    All you need is a broker and its API, optionally a 2nd datafeed.
    Your system should be coded into a program that uses the API, and running on your local computer.
    With IB API that's the case. IB doesn't see anything of your system, it only sees the orders your system issues.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    #19     Feb 20, 2016
  10. Alex27

Alex27

multicharts on vps linked to amp and ib

wondering how is the security on multicharts?

#20     Feb 20, 2016