Protecting Assets From a Divorce

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by aeliodon, Oct 30, 2008.

1. volente_00

volente_00

2. If you ask for a prenup, you set the stage to be the one without power in the marriage. Power cannot be shared. You either have it or you don't. Choose. If you tell her a prenup is required, that will establish the power. Gotta do it with today's women. No, I don't care is yours is not one of today's women.

You are smart to consider possible outcomes, some would say probable outcomes. Do not allow emotions to cloud your financial planning. Protect yourself by hiring the most expensive attorney in estate planning. You will get later what you pay for now, before the nuptuals.

Or, ignore this advise, play 'share the power' (which means she owns your ass), and wait to be served at some point in the future. I'm not saying don't get married, I'm saying you're an idiot if you don't think the woman already has her game plan made, for either outcome.

But you're a trader, and therefore more intelligent than the average marrying man. Right?

#52     Nov 1, 2008
  3. Exactly. The solution is to marry someone over 50.
    There you go...end of problem.

#53     Nov 1, 2008
  4. i am not an atty, but i think if you hide assets, you nullify any agreement.

doesnt matter in cali, when the vaginamony runs out they can drag you in for more child support - by making the vaginamony & child support payments, you have already demonstrated an "ability to pay" a certain amount.

my ex- demanded i continue to pay vaginamony AFTER she remarried... my divorce atty, i have continued to speak with (at like $125-$250/talk) over the years, advised me to continue the vaginamony payments - he said i might end up paying more if i went back to court solely for child support.

when my son went away to university, which i pay 100% tuition, dorm, food, etc (no help from ex-), she demanded that i continue to pay her "child support" for our adult son... that was the limit for me, i told her to take me to court, i'd take my chances & press for 100% custody of our younger child... she folded.

you guys have no idea the shit that goes on...

#54     Nov 1, 2008
  5. I'm married.
    My advice to you, don't. DON'T

#55     Nov 1, 2008
  6. That's nassssty. I bet her name would be Dusty Cooch.

#56     Nov 1, 2008
  7. I hope you're taking notes aeliodon.

A few of these guys don't have a clue of what they are talking about and want you to play russian roulette with your assets for the rest of your life over a nice piece of ass and a pleasant emotion in the moment.

Don't do it.

At the very least, cover your bases (and please don't try to "out smart" the system by hiding your assets). If you do so, you're just begging for some lawyer to rip you a new one when they find out.

P.S. Still wannna get married? :confused: :p

#57     Nov 1, 2008
  8. Peri

Peri

Danial, is that you?

What you need is a maid, a hooker and a shrink. Someone to clean up after you, someone to service you and someone to unwrap the tangle in your head. All women are NOT dishonest shady pigs.

I do commend you for having enough insight into yourself to recognize that you are in fact a misogynist. However, from that standpoint you should also be able to realize that the pathology is yours. Everyone does not think the same way that you think.

Generally, misogynists have mommy issues, the original woman that caused the distrust in the first place. The first role model sets the tone of expectation for all future frameworks of women, be they guilty or not. Not saying all women are GOOD either, but they don't all deserve to be painted with the same brush.

If you can admit that you hate women yet you want to marry one you must realize that you just want to USE her. This makes you as bad as you say all women are: using men for money.

About children, if you had a girl would she also be a shady pig?

Do this girl a favor and dump her while she still has a chance to meet someone who can make her happy.
    Consider it a gift to her. Then you won't have to worry about her running off with your money. Thou if she does marry you I have no doubt that the treatment you will s$7t on her will make her deserving of every single (imaginary) dime you have. She will need it for her shrink.

#58     Nov 1, 2008
  9. These guys wished theyd havd a prenup, LOL (stupid mofos). :D :eek: :(

Phil Collins (was she worth it?)

Paul McCartney (word is she used to turn tricks for the Saudis)

She's a Gold Digga (... and he did everything for her, maybe she'll lookup ProfLogic or Complusive next, LMAO)

#59     Nov 1, 2008
  10. I'm not even outta college yet and from reading this thread, I don't ever wanna get married! Haha.

#60     Nov 1, 2008