Protecting Assets From a Divorce

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by aeliodon, Oct 30, 2008.

1. I think this is the best solution if there is no prenup.
    But if the girl's lawyer subsequently finds out that I've been hiding assets - he'll probably come after me again and there would be another trial.

#21     Oct 30, 2008
  2. Here are the terms I want in the prenup:

- No financial support for the spouse if either of the following conditions are true: (1) the marriage lasts less than 3 years (2) there are no kids
    - In the event of a divorce the girl is entitled to 50% of my earnings after the marriage but she is limited to 1 million dollars.

I think that is a very fair deal and I doubt a judge wouldn't uphold it.

#22     Oct 30, 2008
  3. This would not be a secret account. All interest would be declared.

#23     Oct 30, 2008
  4. Quote from aeliodon:

I will ask for a prenup. ...

So I ask, what are some other ways to protect assets from a divorce...

I've never met a girl I respected...

I have met plenty of respectable men and women. You are definitely not one of them.

They are all shady pigs.

you have already established that you are a shady pig, and therefore you deserve likewise.

That being said, I don't want to be alone and its nice to have someone to cook and clean after you. Kids would be nice too.

You want a maid, not a wife. You are already alone. Marriage will only exacerbate your deep antisocial tendencies.

You will be getting divorced eventually, because you are paranoid.

It takes two to tango, and you are not ready for marriage. You either trust your wife completely and give yourself to her totally...

Or you can be paranoid and controlling and suspicious and have a miserable life.

#24     Oct 30, 2008
  5. Don't hide the assets. This would be totally legit. It's like having a bank account at citibank. The only difference is she will not have access to it legally....

#25     Oct 30, 2008
  6. It's hard to have complete trust.

• * People always cheat
      * People always lie
      * People always do WTF they want to do
    The trick is to trust her regardless of those things, and to ... shit, I don't know, because I don't have any, but maybe you should have faith.

#26     Oct 30, 2008
  7. #27     Oct 30, 2008
  8. Marriage should be a 10 year lease with option to renew.

Until death do you part... was said at a time when you get married at 15 and were dead by 25. The intent was never to be much more than 10 years.

Marriage has a 50% failure rate so marry two... cut your loser and let the winner run ;)

#28     Oct 30, 2008
  9. You're very naive about human nature.
    No act of kindness ever goes unpunished.
    Humans are a very selfish and shady bunch of critters. You can't trust anyone. Especially when you're rich.

#29     Oct 30, 2008
  10. Hey, look on the bright side of things ... and least you don't have to worry about being poor and impoverished.

#30     Oct 30, 2008