Protecting $100k

Discussion in 'Trading' started by QHTCapital, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Thanks, yeah, I was.

But it's not my money, so shrug. Just wanted to always remind him of the "rules".

GL whatever you decide to do OP.

#21     Jun 5, 2008
  2. #22     Jun 5, 2008
  3. Bob111

Bob111

there is no liquidity in munis. not at all. and they all(most of them) traded @ pretty good premiums. so -if you try to exit you may have loss waaay greater than you ever expected.

as for those..dividends are good,but i wouldn't compare them with CD's.take a good look at the charts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#23     Jun 5, 2008
  4. working capital = current assets minus current liabilities

Working capital allocated to an interest-bearing vehicle generates income under "Cash Flow from Financing Activities."

#24     Jun 5, 2008
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#25     Jun 5, 2008
  6. #26     Jun 5, 2008
  7. Bowgett

Bowgett

Did you expect high yield without the risk? :eek:

PS The charts you posted do not reflect real return (reinvestment of dividends)

#27     Jun 5, 2008
  8. RAY

RAY

You are forgetting Day-to-Day in your definition.

Sounds like you have general operating cash (probably just cash, like anyone has, but..).

If it were a true working capital ETFs and such would not be liquid enough. How long does it take for you to sell an ETF, get the cash and then transfer and clear that cash to a client?

-either way good luck

#28     Jun 5, 2008

9. I actually have spoken to them about moving some $ over there they will open an account for Americans you just have to fly over there and open it, as far as the Kiwi is concerned the amount of $ you lose in exchange is still better than the 5% the OP is losing out where he is at right now. (3.5% yield) For three months you will not lose that much in exchange.
    SA as Iceland is a much riskier bet than an asset which is considered as safe as US Treasuries there are only four UK, Euro and Aussie paper in this category which was specified by the OP.

#29     Jun 5, 2008
  10. Thank you to all that participated.

#30     Jun 6, 2008