Protecting $100k

Discussion in 'Trading' started by QHTCapital, Jun 5, 2008.

1. They just increased their yield from 3.05% to 3.5% this week.

http://www.hsbcdirect.com/

#11     Jun 5, 2008
  2. I respect your point (especially since it's your money).

... in regards to your last post, just keep in mind that they're raising the rates to attract money, and if you get caught on the wrong side of any activity in the market place which raises short-term interest rates you're gonna take a gut check. :eek:

#12     Jun 5, 2008
  3. Very nice. Thank you!

#13     Jun 5, 2008
  4. wohc

wohc

FYI, Countrywide's savingslink offers 3.73% for 10k+ balance.

#14     Jun 5, 2008
  5. wohc

wohc

BTW, how come no one ever mention trust deed investment on ET? In California as an example, average trust deed offers about 11% and if you want more security a trust deed pool can pull you 8%.

#15     Jun 5, 2008
  6. Since the money in the savings account is not tied up, if short term interest rates rise and he can get a better rate elsewhere, he can just move the money, get a higher rate, and avoid a gut check.

#16     Jun 5, 2008
  7. RAY

RAY

If this is WORKING CAPITAL treat it as such.

Working capital is day-to-day, etc.

#17     Jun 5, 2008
  8. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Muni's, not the savings account.

Yes, most of them have minimal risk, if you hold them to maturity. If you need the money prior to that, they fluctuate in value, so you may have to take a loss that would at least partially offset the higher yields. Just depends on conditions at the time.

#18     Jun 5, 2008
  9. Lets blow it on whores and alcohol

#19     Jun 5, 2008
  10. I f you want to truly 'protect' your money then the stock market isn't for you.

Obviously with more reward comes more risk.

Also, be VERY wary of any HYIP that promise 10-15% monthly or yearly returns. These are almost always scams.

#20     Jun 5, 2008