Protect Schools Like They Do In Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mgrund

mgrund

2. You pussified tyrants changed the subject , now you're mad about it :D :D

Well that's what happens when you change the subject from school security to proposing nationwide loss of 2nd amendment rights.

#12     Dec 27, 2012
  3. What does that statement have to do with my post. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of little a's post. You neglected to quote the part where I agreed with ol Wayne of the NRA about school security.

#13     Dec 27, 2012
  4. Hooti

Hooti

Here in Arizona they have proposed a law requiring one person, likely a principle or vice principle, to be trained to carry on campus.

I think they should allow more than that, and it should be concealed weapons. So you wouldn’t know who to watch out for!
    That is more of a deterrent IMO.
    Would the janitor nail you? Or the school bus mechanic? Or that old bat of a history teacher?

That ol history teacher still gives me chills to this day.

Seriously though, I believe this issue is not a gun control issue. Changing gun laws is just something that can relatively easily be done, and you feel like you’ve done something. This is really a mental health issue, and that is so much more complex that it‘s hard to know where to start.

#14     Dec 28, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#15     Dec 28, 2012
  6. Agreed.

We have a clear choice. We can do something symbolic, like restrict the rights of responsible gun owners. Or something that just might make a difference next time, like arming school personnel.

#16     Dec 28, 2012
  7. +1

#17     Dec 28, 2012
  8. Please. Armed guards at schools would do a lot more for school safety than a few more cosmetic laws on top of the existing 22,000 that would only further subvert the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens.

#18     Dec 28, 2012
  9. Did you not read my complete post or the reply to PT about the post. Go reread it then get back to me, goofy ass gun nuts.

#19     Dec 28, 2012
  10. I did tinyarrow but it still doesn't negate my point which was, conservatives' proposals are the only ones so far that will do anything positive for school security.

#20     Dec 28, 2012