Prostitution for $10 in Detroit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by misterno, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Ditto. Was the op tossing it out like it was a fire sale? :D

#21     Apr 19, 2010
  2. Smoke enough crack, shoot enough dope, and this is where you end up...as a seller of ass, or a buyer of ass, you end up in this type situation. You don't go this far down without a habit, and/or a serious mental problem. This goes way beyond I lost my job.

#22     Apr 20, 2010
  3. It's hard not to feel compassion for people whose lives have taken such a turn, either by their own hand or due to circumstances. These are people living tragic lives. People are capable of incredible things. However, a combination of circumstances can test even the hardiest of spirits. Most of us are not as far removed from dire straits as we think we are. There is no harm in feeling a bit of empathy for those who have succumbed to such unfortunate depths.

#23     Apr 20, 2010
  4. True. But unfortunately not everyone has the same gumption or support system to cope with extreme adversity, whatever it may be. It's sad.

#24     Apr 20, 2010
  5. I agree, and I have plenty of empathy for them. 25 years ago I was in the street, lost everything, or should I say traded it all away for another drink, another drug, another whatever. I can remember asking myself, how the fuck did this happen to me? Yes, people are capable of incredible things, both good and bad. I've had my share of both. I'm just sayin', you don't get there on bad luck alone.

#25     Apr 20, 2010
  6. With any luck, along with some resolve and fortitude, some of these people will hopefully turn their lives around as well. While luck alone does not result in such tragic lives, I think most of us overestimate the scope and extent of our control. Of course, everyone agrees that we should exercise as much control over our own lives as we can. However, I think the "luck" element plays a larger role than most of us would care to admit, especially when we find ourselves doing well.

P.S. I'm glad you're back on track.

#26     Apr 20, 2010