Pro's Thread... $1,00,000 Profit Minimum

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by gnome, Oct 25, 2005.

1. #11     Oct 25, 2005
  2. % is not king, good traders can easily earn several hundred percent on a 50 or 100k trading account over the course of a year. Doing that on millions is far more difficult.

On another note, I hear samson is doing well, and will be joining this club shortly.

As for me, I am happy to join the club. What are your thoughts about the content of this thread Gnome?

Good trading!

Mike

#12     Oct 26, 2005
  3. I am typically a market neutral trader. I started in RiskArb, then switched to pairs. Over the past 18 months, I have changed my strategy to be a multimarket, multi-strategy, multi-timeframe trader. It will be impossible to post my short term and most intraday trades, but I will share my short term out look. I am currently bullish on the S&P and stocks over the next week.

Perhaps you could convince the moderator to clean this thread up and help "separate the wheat from the chaff".

Good trading!

Mike

#13     Oct 26, 2005
  4. NTB

NTB

Yield curve steepens, rates rise across the curve as market builds in risk premium of new Fed Chairman. Equity markets fall. Greenspan impact on financial markets has been way more than currently thought. Bernanke cannot fill Greenspan shoes and must be tested before market can tighten risk premiums to levels currently seen.

#14     Oct 26, 2005
  5. NTB

NTB

By the way, Gold and Silver are going to rise sharply above $500 and $8 respectively in the coming few days.

#15     Oct 26, 2005
  6. MRWSM

MRWSM

The third time make sure you put half of it away in a 5% CD so you won't lose it all again.

BTW Sorry I'm not in the $1M club and still posted anyway just wanted to add some advice. The best I did was to make 2000% in 2003 in a small account. The strategy I used to make that died in 6 months but still watching it in case it comes back.

#16     Oct 26, 2005
  7. MRWSM

Good advise, actually I did buy a house with it and that's worked out fine but this time I'm going for 10 M much harder to screw up with lol.

#17     Oct 26, 2005
  8. gnome

gnome

Actually, you've described my wife. I still shop at Men's Warehouse.

#18     Oct 26, 2005