Pros that Blew out several times before success

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ggg12, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Miacheal Jordan's of trading applied to stocktradr3, thanks for the laugh :D I think most view posters like him who's only postings seem to be some vauge "buy the dip" as a nuisance more than anything else. Sort of like the site graffiti artrist that has to tag every thread with their "buy the dip long forever "nonsense.

#51     Jun 3, 2007
  2. Another guy with 10 posts who just joined..annoying

If you make 1K a day congrats..I don't really care one way or another.

There will always be people making more money than you and those making less.

=

This from the guy who makes 10+ posts per day talking about stocks he invested in a year ago. Too late to buy them now, it's nearer time to sell.

How about no more posts from you until you actually sell a stock, close the postion and book some profit. In other words, complete a trade. For all we know youll hold those tech dogs right back down to where you entered, book $0 and accomplish nothing.

When you actually sell a stock and complete a trade, go ahead and share that with us. Until then, we know where you stand. Silence is golden, especially from investors inside a trading forum.

#52     Jun 3, 2007
  3. ammo

ammo

stocktrader keeps changing his name, what a clever disguise,he's got an insatiable appetite for insults ,to paraphrase a line from a robin williams movie,whatever your parents did to you as a kid,it's not your fault, let it go

#53     Jun 4, 2007
  4. Here, you can have fun with this one:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1486420&highlight=bill+gates#post1486420

He actually thinks that he's a trader and that by the "you have to sell to actually book a profit logic" Bill Gates isn't really worth $45B. He's so stupid, no one ever said Bill Gates net worth is less...he's dumb enough to compare stock ownership to gains when one makes a trade.

He's seriously mentally retarded. :D

#54     Jun 4, 2007
  5. No need to sell when the market & my stocks keep going up

The best strategy is to just buy dips

oh look goog & aapl up another 1.5%

#55     Jun 4, 2007
  6. Good post futuresscalper.

Interested in what strategies you're using to stay this consistent.

Good luck ! :cool:

#56     Jun 4, 2007
  7. l2tradr

l2tradr

...until there's a permanent downturn....

#57     Jun 4, 2007
  8. jo.m

jo.m

To Futuresscalper: I do hope you will post again on Elite Trader, as I believe it is traders like you who can be helpful -- and even more importantly, encouraging -- to new traders. I think it's a shame that rational, polite, helpful people do not want to post on here because of all of the abuse (yes, ABUSE!) they can be subjected to. Even if you were a newbie (which I don't think you are), we were all newbies at some point. Plus, no matter how experienced, we can always use a fresh viewpoint or even reinforcement of a good "old" point.

As far as abuse goes, in general, it is always about control. People who are out of control themselves like to try to control others, and to do that they can resort to nastiness and verbal abuse (etc). Something to think about.

#58     Jun 4, 2007
  9. xiaodre

xiaodre

Stocktrd3r,

You are and have been right for this monster rally. Excellent pickings.

That being said, keeping on buying the dips means you either haven't put all of your cash into the stocks you like yet, or you just keep plowing more in...where do you get it all? Second thing: aapl isn't really up another 1.5%, right? It's the same 1.5% that it gave back on friday.

I mean, you are winning. That's a powerful enough statement. There's no reason to embellish your winnings with chaff...

just my .02

#59     Jun 4, 2007
  10. PJKIII

PJKIII

Much less annoying than your 1757 seemingly identical posts...

#60     Jun 4, 2007