Pros that Blew out several times before success

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ggg12, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ggg12

ggg12

hi all

can you guys post links or share stories of traders who blew out their accounts many times before they eventually became top traders?

this should be inspirational to a lot of traders. people aren't born traders but are forged through pain and experience.

thanks in advance

2. you shouldn't have to blow accounts in order to become pro in this day and age, back then there wern't much material on trading and now there are tons. Learn to manage your money and you should at least break even

3. Just read the Market Wizards books by Jack Schwager. They are full of these types of stories.

4. ggg12

ggg12

anyone else?

5. If you blow out your accounts it is cause your ******* stupid. You buy those contracts on 500 x margin and you blow up. Serves you right for being being greedy.

6. volente_00

volente_00

I disagree, to survive in this game, you have to learn how to lose gracefully before you learn how to win. That is the reason so many fail because they don't want to put in the time and want instant success.

7. Pigs get some hogs get blown-up.

You got know when to hold em' and you got to know when to fold em'.

The sayings speak for themselves.

8. speres

speres

I've got a few deep scars and most of the successful traders i've come accross also have them.

9. sounds like insecurity looking for a pillow to fall on....

10. gnome

gnome

Most traders don't have the resources and contacts to "blow up a few times, then get more money" to try and try again.

If I were you, I wouldn't count on getting more than one chance.

#10     Jun 3, 2007