Pros and Cons of the Jack Hershey Futures Method:

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by aeliodon, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Atlantic

Atlantic

that is a good idea. those that teach are those who cannot do.

means - those univ. profs are most of the time just smartasses who are stuck in theory - unable to recognize the real world out there...

#21     Jan 8, 2007
  2. Hmm... I trade looking at price and volume and can definately say that volume is really a BIG hint. I don't care if it leads the price or price leads it (never thought that choppy lunch time can be a RESULT of light volume? ;). There is no difference for me. But when you look at both things together it gives you much more information than price alone. And I began to take a look at volume on intraday charts after Jacks posts. I don't use his methods but can say many thanks for many great ideas he has in his posts.

#22     Jan 8, 2007
  3. I wasn't aware there is ownership of a threads.

#23     Jan 11, 2007
  4. I think what is really occurring is that traders that use price and volume will eventually (after many years) be able to see the volume sort'uv speak in the price without having to actually look at any volume histogram.

This is where I'm at in my trading where I can see the volume and volatility within the price on the chart all by itself without any actual volume or volatility indicator.

Therefore, for many price action only traders that use volume analysis or volatility analysis...

Once they began to get more deeply into price itself and after many years...

They traverse to just price and what's moving the price (key economic info, price action of other key markets, market seasonal tendencies/cycles, world events et cetera).

Simply, price and volume analysis works and after awhile with some experience...price all by itself works just as well because you've begun to understand what's moving the markets.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#24     Jan 11, 2007
  5. The proof will come when they start TRADING. I think they will find that all that annotation obscures what's REALLY going on, that while they're creating it the market is moving on without them, and finally that there is a high price to be paid in frequently making what they so blithely call "mistakes". Damp armpits will overwhelm the cool analytical prowess they think they are developing in that grand circle jerk.

#25     Jan 11, 2007
  6. Yes, from this point of view I agree. I also notice that often price reflects volume and I can "guess" volume just looking at price. But so far volume helps me as a confirmation. Well, that's good news - I have where to grow. :)

#26     Jan 12, 2007
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is called netiquette... :)

Basicly you should stay on topic what was started by the OP and not blabbing away your agenda.

But I am getting offtopic... :)

#27     Jan 12, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

I added the method (real $) to my repertoire a month ago and I'm very satisfied with the results thus far. :)

#28     Jan 12, 2007
  9. I'm not so sure about that. I am quite suprised after doing this for awhile how much time there is in a five minute bar. Annotating actually seems to help my concentration rather than hinder it.

#29     Jan 12, 2007
  10. amazingly as it seems i agree with hog. volumes is for ladybabers.:D

#30     Jan 12, 2007