ProRealTime - Wrong end of day prices

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Striker, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Striker

Striker

I've been using the "end of day" free version of ProRealTime and it's great for charting and going back several years, but what I noticed just recently is that the end of day data is incorrect about 30% of the time.

For example I pulled up a chart for
    UYG which closed at $6.11 and ProRealTime has it at $6.06. I then checked Google Finance, Yahoo, and Fidelity.com and all had it at $6.11 for December 5th. This is not the only incorrect price, there have been several in the past week.

Can anyone who uses this software tell me what's going on? Does it have bugs?

I'm currently using the free version, but I was planning to pay for the streaming data soon, but I don't want to get something that's not reliable. I really like the layout and interface, so I'd hate to part with it, but if the data is faulty, I don't intend to keep it.

Anyone have experience with ProRealTime? Do you have any suggestions for another free end of day software comprable to it?

I was also looking at Amibroker, but don't know if that provides end of day data without me having to provide a data feed. Can I buy the software and have it give me end of day data for free?

2. You'll need to provide a source of data fro Amibroker whether EOD or intraday. It will happily read metastock data from a download by HSQuote or similar.