Props with great short lists for otc and pinks?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by iMagus, Jul 15, 2010.

1. iMagus

iMagus

Hi,

I'm rather new to the prop alternative to retail brokers, but am wondering if any of these would allow me to short otc or pink sheet stocks? I realize the retail broker IB does, but the margin rates are ridiculous at $2.50 per share.

So far, I have heard that Broad Street Trading and Worldwide Trading Capital might.

To be clear, I am not looking for any high faluting prop firm, but a firm where I can work from home that's laid back. I do not care that much about leverage, and would prefer not to have to pay steeply for any. Are there any cheap solutions out there for me that anyone knows about? I basically just want to go long and short pennies and daytrade/swing trade options among other things.

The big draw for me here is being able to short otc and pink sheet stocks. If anyone knows of a good outfit that allows this, and the monthly fees are right, please let me know. Elsewise, I might as well just stick with my low cost retail broker.

Thanks,
    iMagus

2. jacson101

jacson101

Props do work OTC and pinks sheets, you should be able to trade otc through a prop firm.
    Just tell them what you want, and if their interested they'll just turn on OTC and Pink via their clearing firm.
    pretty simple stuff,
    cheers.