Proprietary Trading vs. CTA

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by chinook, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Lornz

Lornz

#41     Aug 4, 2011
  2. Hey guys and gals,

Please try to keep this thread clean :)

bone put in some good info here... He might be selling stuff but at least, spread trading has the least poison IMHO :)

#42     Aug 4, 2011
  3. Lucias

Lucias

Lornz, that's the difference is everything I do is transparent. You can also see the returns of my predictor day system if you search for it. Like Hoffman telling he wins 99% of the time but not sharing his return.

Why would he share his win ratio or in Bone's case the number of years profitable without also sharing how much they made?

I'm going to tell you why because it gives the sense that they are giving you information for you to make a decision when in essence they aren't giving you information! It is clearly a trick. A similar analogy holds when the poker player who shows one of his hole card and leaves you to guess the other card. Or when someone calls the market with an informationless statement, i.e "if the support holds then we will go higher but if it breaks then look out below". No information, no prediction.

#43     Aug 4, 2011
  4. bone

bone

I am familiar mostly with TT, CTS, and CQG I/C in terms of futures execution platforms.

In TT after you log in to a particular exchange use the 'market explorer' and select 'spreads'. For CTS, you have to select a product order ticket, and then on the top banner in the window you select 'strategy' and go over to 'spreads'. So, for example, CL U1:CLV1 is going to be the Nymex WTI Sept11 vs. Oct11 calendar spread.

Every major futures exchange that I am aware of features exchange-supported spreads.

#44     Aug 4, 2011
  5. bone

bone

Lucias, please confine your comments to your area of expertise: C2 simulator marketing.

You have admitted in other posts that you do not trade nor have you ever traded a real live futures market.

If I was a sham, why did a CTA managing a large fund just hire me yesterday ?

#45     Aug 4, 2011
  6. Thanks bone!

#46     Aug 4, 2011
  7. Lucias

Lucias

Bone.. I would question why you would care if you were telling the truth. I noticed you were boning for a job in 2008 too. Seems odd a hugely successful trader of 17 years would be beating on doors looking for a job in one the most volatile market ever. If you were really as successful as you claim, you would be running a large fund and it'd be called your personal account.

#47     Aug 4, 2011
  8. Hey bone and Lucias, could you guys please continue your pleasantries in a different thread :)

#48     Aug 4, 2011
  9. bone

bone

He will leave the thread and not me - Lucias is clearly trolling, and has been for several weeks now. Who cast the first stone ? Chinook, I will continue to be as helpful as I can in providing information as long as it does not encroach upon my client work in terms of IP.

#49     Aug 4, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Exactly. Big trolling hypocrite who stealth markets his trading system on C2, which is entirely simulated. By his own posts, he admits that he has never traded live futures. By his own talking points, what he is peddling should be illegal according to his own logic.

#50     Aug 4, 2011