Proprietary Trading IN NEW YORK

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Get In Get Out, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BTW...

ESQ ESQ ESQ touched up on this, but I will repeat it again.

The vast majority of futures firms are in Chicago! I would also say that the most reputable prop firms are also in Chicago. You greatly increase your chance of getting funding if you search for a firm there.

Also, if your goal is to receive funding then you must have your trading account audited to show the firm that you have a profitable strategy and so forth. That's how the serious companies operate. You pitch them the business deal.

Good luck!

#11     Mar 24, 2009
  2. Do you specialize in making or losing money?

I think that may be your problem.

#12     Mar 24, 2009
  3. Trading, especially floor trading historically, is a business venture. By putting up some capital, whether at Schwab or Bright Trading, allows the trader to keep his profits...just like any other type of business. There is no "franchise fee" like starting some businesses...there are some requirements and training etc., but think about trading like any other business.

By joining a Firm that will allow you to use $500K or more to engage in good, working strategies, is simply an additional beneficial business model. By associating with other good traders, your chances for success are obviously enhanced. Think more "entrepreneurship" vs. "employment" - and see if that model works for you...if not, please feel free to continue your search. I would go for FNYS if at all possible.

Don

#13     Mar 24, 2009
  4. You should be in Chicago if you are looking for ES trading. New York is all about equities.

#14     Mar 24, 2009
  5. No need to go to windy city to get in. I am quiet positive if you got 50K there would be plenty of places checking you out. The operative word here being 50K. :D

#15     Mar 24, 2009