Proprietary/options Ecn?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by POSMENTUDE, Jul 28, 2002.

1. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=16614

read this thread, and when you're finished, read it again....

#31     May 3, 2003
  2. What I gather then is that your opinion is tuff it out through retail channels because whatever deal I would find that would allow me what I think is the flexibility to execute my strategies, would actually give a greater edge to whichever firm made me the offer? thus removing a piece of any real edge I may have had? In turn making it harder to be profitable and locking me into some deal I would regret?:D

let alone the mental stress of having to justify overnight holds etc.?

I do quite enjoy running the show, and it definitely seems like an annoyance to have to explain strategy and justify, perhaps often a strategy I have implemented to some person only looking out for the firm. Large option positions closed out at inopportune times could result in large % and $$ losses just due to the bid/ask sprd.:mad:

So then it seems the reason I cant find an acceptable deal is because I have the foresight to see when I am about to be screwed (so to speak) and so I pass on the deal?:confused:

and the deal I am looking for is one that would mostly benefit me, just like candletrader was saying and not the firm that made the offer, and so due to the nature of and objectives of the firm, the offer I seek really doesn't exist.

suddenly this is like a bad scene out of a classically cheesy movie like "The Last Electric Dragon".

So you see grasshopper, you already possess the best deal for you! and you didn't even know it! hahahaha.:D

#32     May 4, 2003