Proprietary FX Firm Offering Matched Funding

Discussion in 'Forex' started by globalfxllc, May 3, 2004.

1. TigerO

TigerO

Funster, they are not any younger than the rest of the retail FX industry, their parent company Olsen Group is actually already quite old, much older than most if not all of the other FX retail shops out there are.

Besides, just look how young FXCM/REFCOFX are and how much shit they're already in.

I do believe there are some clean businesses out there, like Oanda or Interactive Brokers, for whom I also have great respect.

#51     May 7, 2004
  2. while i understand the advantageous of the interbank market for institutional size traders, why not trade currency futures on globex as a day trader ?

surf

#52     May 7, 2004
  3. TigerO

TigerO

surf, as dumb as it may sound, simply because that's where I started, and got lucky by having picked a good 'un.

IB, for whom I also have great respect, is on the books for when I want to trade some more markets.

#53     May 7, 2004
  4. Funster

Funster

Reasons for me (as I used to trade CME):

1. My bank grades amount of money in high paying money market accounts. So to keep a good solid rate of 4-5% I try to keep as much as possible there. Therefore I want mimumal amount in broker accounts paying no/little interest. I just got a "wage" increase this week thanks to our chancellor putting up interest rates(UK)!!

2. I try to trade just stocks and Oanda was originally for hedging. You cannot hedge to the $ on CME.

3. However I have been daytrading with reasonable success in the last few months. I just didnt want to break my nice interest rate by taking capital to open a futures account.

4. Generally just a tightwad. $30 exchange fee simply annoys me!

#54     May 7, 2004
  5. fxnewby

fxnewby

Your organization is an IB to FXCM. It's that simple. You should look for your business like other traditional IBs by advertising and helping to educate fx traders instead of shamelessly promoting your business. You are dealing with sophisticated people/customers, not a bunch of average Joes. As a trader, you've turned me off and should be removed from this forum.

Happy head-hunting!

#55     May 7, 2004