Proprietary FX Firm Offering Matched Funding

Discussion in 'Forex' started by globalfxllc, May 3, 2004.

1. thanks for the info. i was not aware that the spread changed in the major pairs.

surfer :)

#21     May 5, 2004
  2. so........you get "liquidity" when absolutely nothing is going on and none when you really do need it.........where do I sign up?:(

grimer11

#22     May 5, 2004
  3. DOES BLOOMBERG know THAT YOU ARE sharing THEIR FEED ??

THIS IS IN VIOLATION OF THE BLOOMBERG AGREEMENT.

YOU will lose YOUR ABILITY TO USE BLOOMBERG FOREVER

BE careful.

kidtested mother approved

jACk

#23     May 5, 2004
  4. We never re-sell Bloomberg feeds.

#24     May 5, 2004
  5. TigerO

TigerO

Bullshit.

You have never traded at www.oanda.com if you're posting absolutely clueless and totally unwarranted propaganda from the likes of some of the biggest spread kings out there, FXCM/REFCOFX, LOL.

#25     May 6, 2004
  6. TigerO

TigerO

Is that the kind of slimey and totally irrelevant crap FXCM/REFCOFX have to go through these days to get new customers that aren't scared off by their absolutely enormous spreads?

Are you sure you're not getting a kickback from FXCM/REFCOFX's outrageous and totally laughable huge spreads, not that you'd ever admit that here.

Let alone FXCM/REFCOFX stuff like orders getting cancelled, or people not being able to get orders into the system, the guy here is referring to REFCOFX/FXCM:

"posted 04 May, 2004 14:38 My two cents' worth on this topic:

Playing the Refco demo account, I found that my buy/sell orders were frequently rejected because the price had moved within the two or three seconds it took the Internet/Refco server to process the request.

Again, to anyone complaining about slippage, I invite you to experience the frustation of having your attempts at buying and/or selling a currency DENIED, and denied again, and again, and AGAIN, because oops!, the price has moved. "

http://www2.oanda.com/cgi-bin/msgbo...16;t=001968;p=2

Also read this here about FXCM/RefcoFx:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...&threadid=28448

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/_sho.../_threadid-7972

What about this here, this really takes the cake as far as FXCM/RefcoFx go, and is just absolutely incredible:
    :eek:
    http://www.forex-markets.com/NewswireFXCM.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=fxcm+investigation

:eek:

#26     May 6, 2004
  7. It seems Oanda is out here promoting as well.

i'm curious how does FXCM/REFCO have 35,000 customers and Oanda have 1000?

And why didnt Refco buy you guys out?

Execution, execution, execution.

the lifeblood of traders.

wait until you start making money and then tell me about your execution...when you are losing they dont care.

#27     May 6, 2004
  8. Funster

Funster

gfx

I really dont know what your problem is here.

I doubt many of the people who have corrected you on this board have any previous bias except what with you have written sometimes.

For myself I just wanted to correct your statement as I have personally bought and sold spot currency thru Oanda at a minimal 2-3 tick spread even immediately after key econ numbers. The major benefit to me is that I like to hedge exactly the amount of US$ I hold and build into and out of positions in odd $ numbers. You cannot do this with other firms that insist on roundlots of circa $100k.

Besides you can easily check the history of any of us and it is plain to see that we are just unaffliliated self directed traders for the most part - and many of us have been here much longer than you!

FWIW I find some of your posts interesting and educational and therefore of value to this board.

Just don't spam as much as you are doing - IMHO it puts people off. A good example is Genesis. I have seen just a couple of posts by them and when I am ready to up the ante on my stock trading I will most probably choose them. At the other end of the scale, if taking a series 7 was a valid lifestyle choice for me (it's not for many reasons) I might be tempted by Don Bright's company as at least he tries to provide educational material a lot of the time.

#28     May 6, 2004
  9. Funster I apprreciate you candor and we do not look to spam this board. we are a young company that have some great programs that we are looking to get out to the trading community. We provide all of our traders ALOT of research, market meetings and trade critiquing.
    many of us have equity trading backgrounds and have traded at many prop firms.

When we created this company the intention was to not just sit our traders next to senior traders and expect them to teach the trainees.

we take a very active role in helping our traders in ALL aspects to trading the market.

As the FX community grows there is room for many market makers. We dont really have a big problem with oanda but when people start trashing FXCM/REFCO (the market maker we use) we feel it justified to write a response.

Again i am sorry if we offended anyone.

#29     May 6, 2004
  10. TigerO

TigerO

You are so full of it it's incredible, you really have no credibility.

You claim you get nothing from one of the worst FX firms out there spread wise and as far as the possibility goes of actually getting orders in when the markets are a bit more volatile.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that your statement doesn't mesh with what seems to be FXCM/REFCOFX's policy on referral kickbacks:

"FXCM Customer Agreement/ Referral Disclosure/ #8

Client understands and acknowledges FXCM may comensate Reffering Agent for introducing Client to FXCM and that such compensation may be on a per- trade basis. Such compensation may incur a mark-up, above and beyond the ordinary spread generally provided by FXCM. Further the Client has the right to be informed of the precise nature of such compersation."

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22414&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

Oh, and give me a break, how ridiculous are your tactics actually just to drum up some referral business for yourself, I do NOT work for Oanda, Oanda don't even have a sales force, just satisfied customers spreading the word, and we don't get anything for that either.

You don't seem particularly bright otherwise you would have noticed that I have rarely if ever promoted Oanda here out of my over 300 posts.

As for FXCM, not only do they have some of the worst spreads in the industry and times where you cannot even get orders in, they also arbitrarily cancel orders, and they are also involved in this incredible shit here:

"New York (Feb 16) – Forex Capital Markets, LLC (FXCM), the New York-based foreign currency dealer, has been charged in a major fraud investigation being prosecuted by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. A CFTC complaint filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida yesterday names FXCM, its client Gibraltar Monetary Corporation, Inc., and four Gibraltar employees – Thomas J. Clancy, Charles I. Fremer, Jayson S. Kline, and Edward T. Johnson – as participants in fraudulent currency options trading solicitations. Mr. Kline, the President of Gibraltar, had previously been prosecuted by the CFTC for similar illegal activities in 1993.

FXCM opened at least 267 client accounts through Gibraltar, taking in $3,022,998.29 in client funds. FXCM paid $879,379 in commissions to Gibraltar, even though most of the customers’ funds were lost trading or paid to Gibraltar and FXCM in compensation and fees. FXCM is charged with failure to adequately supervise Gibraltar’s fraudulent activities and reportedly “was aware that Gibraltar’s customers were not receiving regular monthly account statements.” Furthermore, the CFTC’s complaint states “FXCM knew or should have known about Kline’s disciplinary history because such information was readily available from the NFA of which FXCM is a member.” The CFTC also notes that “Gibraltar’s customers were unable to gain access to their account information because FXCM’s website was not functioning properly.”

The Commission entered orders of preliminary and permanent injunction enjoining FXCM, Gibraltar, and the four Gibraltar employees and entered a statutory restraining order against the defendants. FXCM and Gibraltar were also ordered to disgorge all benefits received from the fraudulent activities “and to make restitution by making whole each and every customer” whose funds were used in their fraudulent activities. Moreover, the CFTC entered an order requiring FXCM and the defendants to pay civil monetary penalties that could potentially total millions of dollars. The CFTC’s motion for a preliminary injunction is scheduled for February 24, 2004 in West Palm Beach, Florida.

FXCM, a registered futures commission merchant, did not immediately return calls with requests for comment, nor did Refco Group Ltd LLC, a part owner of FXCM and partner in the FXCM/RefcoFX online trading system. The latest financial information provided by FXCM to the CFTC dated December 31, 2003 shows excess net capital of only $17,658,899. Analysts and industry participants are predicting this fraud will have a sizeable impact on FXCM’s client base, especially if more than $3 million in clients’ funds were involved in the fraudulent activities.

For more information, the CFTC’s complaint and order can be found at http://www.cftc.gov/opa/enf04/opa4892-04.htm.

http://www.forex-markets.com/NewswireFXCM.htm

In case your reading skills aren't that great, here again in red just for you:

The latest financial information provided by FXCM to the CFTC dated December 31, 2003 shows excess net capital of only $17,658,899. Analysts and industry participants are predicting this fraud will have a sizeable impact on FXCM’s client base, especially if more than $3 million in clients’ funds were involved in the fraudulent activities.

I bet you just love working for them, don't you.

FXCM investigation

#30     May 6, 2004