Proprietary firms that don't front run your data

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Scalperten, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

Scalpertern, learn to trade. Listen to the veterans on this board and learn to trade. No one is front running your data. Read my first post and my last - you'll learn much.

#21     Jan 20, 2019
  2. gaussian

gaussian

Sorry this has to be a troll.

This is too good.

LOL

#22     Jan 20, 2019
  3. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

yes, this is a troll. HFT: Hedge Fund Trader :)

Fool. Its HIGH FREQUENCY TRADES - and you are going to school for finance?

#23     Jan 20, 2019
    cvds16 likes this.
  4. jharmon

jharmon

HFT: High Functioning Troglodyte

#24     Jan 20, 2019
    IAlwaysWin, nickynoes and cvds16 like this.
  5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Assumed OP is a bot writing the posts because of the semantics gap.

#25     Jan 20, 2019
    shatteredx likes this.
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm jumping in late, so some of this might have been covered.
    I am tired of losing money just because I don't have the right positioning.
    I'm not following your complaint. Did I miss it, are you a member of a prop firm or do you have a customer account? Either way, you decide with in the restraints of your prop deal or your available margin what your positions are.
    Do all proprietary firms front run your data? It seems they don't have my best interest.
    When you say data, do you mean your order flow? IF you are asking if your prop firm or broker is doing that, that is not likely. If you are asking if equity market makers can watch your orders after you enter your order and get information from those flows, well yes they can and there is just no way to escape that, so you should focus on more liquid symbols that override the need for a MM in the first place. If you only trade small cap names, MM have more control over spreads.

On a side note, what school? I went to NYU. BS-MBA

#26     Jan 20, 2019
    chrissychris likes this.
  7. E trade and Robinhood both sell your data. Maybe because of the way they are setup they make more money if you are not profitable.

Robert I go to Lehman College.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    #27     Jan 20, 2019
  8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

So when you say data, you do not mean information about you and your account, you mean order flow?

#28     Jan 20, 2019
  9. Yes. I don't mean that they sell my social security number. I am referring to order flow data.

#29     Jan 20, 2019
  10. zdreg

zdreg

Get a grip on your ego. the broker couldn't care an iota about your trades, unless your trades could blow the firm up.

#30     Jan 20, 2019
    Overnight and cvds16 like this.