Proprietary firms that don't front run your data

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Scalperten, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

So you are saying that if your trades get "front-runned" and your executions are off by a penny, you are losing money? Hmm...

?

#11     Jan 19, 2019
    schweiz and gaussian like this.
  2. gaussian

gaussian

Yes, this "experienced trader" who happens to be "in school for finance" is also running an HFT MM in their spare time where penny execution makes the difference between feeding your family or living on the street.

Still hasn't told me his broker...

#12     Jan 19, 2019
    kinggyppo likes this.
  3. Why do you want to know my Broker so bad?

#13     Jan 19, 2019
  4. traider

traider

Welcome to the hft world. They will beat you to all good trades at the penny/ subpenny level.

#14     Jan 19, 2019
  5. What does hft stand for?

#15     Jan 19, 2019
  6. Hedge fund trading I got it. There has to be a good hedge fund that doesn't sell your data.

#16     Jan 19, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I don't think you "got it", really.

I also wish to mention that if you really are going to school for finance, you of all people should realize that living in "NYC" is not a prudent move when going to school there. There is zero reason to have your permanent residence listed as one of the 5 boroughs, unless you get a really dirt-cheep squalid pad in one of the outer boroughs. Why not find a squalid pad in nearby Nassau county, where you pay no city tax on your income, and can just take the LIRR (or subway if yer creative) and save that much more on taxes and rent?

The "chic" factor of being able to say that you live in NYC just isn't worth the cost these days.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    #17     Jan 19, 2019
  8. I am content here. Thx for the advice though.

#18     Jan 19, 2019
  9. I have read about trader equity and they seem legit. Don't know how executable they are. Also thought about suretrader in the past. I went with trader 2b and wasted my time. I am not opening the account yet. But instead I am trying to see the players of the game. Hasn't been that bad hope it works out for you guys too.

#19     Jan 20, 2019
  10. Really think in is better than te

#20     Jan 20, 2019