Proprietary firm with odd-lots?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by daviavid, Jun 6, 2016.

1. daviavid

daviavid

I'm looking at prop firms that allow me to daytrade stocks with odd-lots (less than 100 shares).

Does anybody know a prop with that condition? Thank you.

2. traderob

traderob

cy group. but they expect you to pay a $5000 fee to join them.
    still might be worth it.

also https://www.tradezero.co

3. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Until you trade against an internaliser (which you want to avoid by going prop, since you want direct market access), you won't find a prop shop that allows you to trade oddlots.

Odd Lot abuse has been a game several moons ago especially on NYSE, so regulation took care of it.

4. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

cy group is not a prop firm. They sell education, let you trade on their account and either trade against your orders or sell your orderflow (they are internalising). Better to go retail instead of joining them.

bellman likes this.
  5. traderob

traderob

do tell more.

6. daviavid

daviavid

So what do you think is the cheapest and best option to start an account to do my trading? I take my trading as a very serious business, I have a very good stats but I haven't got money. I'm trying to earn some money to start but I'm student and I can't find a temporary job (I'm trying it). What's more there are no trading groups in my country.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Daviavid,

it all depends on where you are located and what you want to do.
    You have to realise that the prop business is dead after Dodd Frank, so you don't have much choice. However, you absolutely need to avoid all firms that allow you to trade their money if you take their education course and pass the test. It's a businessmodel designed to fleece customers either by charging hefty commissions and fees or by trading against member orderflow by advertizing their own "SMART" router

I wont post names in a public forum. Look into your PM's