Proposed Slogan for John Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by catmango, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Only Bush supporters can confuse pre-emptive action with P-R-E-P-A-R-A-T-I-O-N

#41     Mar 18, 2004
  2. I would tell your pal Bin Laden, be careful what you wish for. The more he blows up, the more the entire world will finally tire of Muslim radicals living in the 14th century. There are not enough of them to sustain their ridiculous ideological insanity.

#42     Mar 18, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, that's a pretty map. Notice all the blue on there. Wow, yeah, I think Al Gore definately won that last election. LOLOLOLO!

I mean shit, it looks like he won at least 10 of the 48,000 counties in the US. LMAO!

Kerry has his work cut out for him. He just needs to figure out a way to convert about 30,000 of those counties over to blue.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahah!

#43     Mar 18, 2004
  4. Kerry the Weasel

John LeBoutillier
    Wednesday, March 17, 2004

As the presidential race unfolds it may become more and more difficult to distinguish between truth and fiction – and between the real men running for office and the caricatures their opponents want us to believe.

But let me paint a picture of John Kerry, the –not John Kerry as he wants you to see him:

John Kerry is the consummate phony, a pseudo-intellectual leftist who has scrambled all his career to hide his real liberalism as the country has moved steadily toward the right.

Kerry is a total hypocrite. His 'we leave no one behind' credo in this campaign is a joke. This from the senator who used the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIAs to ram through normalization of relations by writing off the POWs his own committee acknowledged were left behind in 1973.

His campaigning around the country with Vietnam vets is yet another example of how gullible many voters are. For veterans to think a leftist like Kerry is one of them is a big mistake. He is anti-soldier and anti-military. He always has been.

Yes, he went to Vietnam – and yes he got the hell out ASAP, too. One wonders if it wasn't just part of his plan to be a newer version of JFK – just as G.W. Bush tries to copy, not his father, but Ronald Reagan.

Kerry is not Irish – yet has pawned himself off to Irish-Americans in Boston as if he were Irish.

He suddenly discovered 15 months ago that he is part Jewish – just in time to run for president against Joe Lieberman and to raise money from rich Jewish Democrats.

John Kerry is trying to be all things to all people. And guess what? That just cannot work.

Yesterday in West Virginia he admitted that he voted against the $87 billion for the occupation of Iraq. And he admitted he voted for it, too!

That is the exact reason why senators rarely make it to the White House. The language of senatorial procedure and the back-and-forth voting gives so much ammo to a senator's opponent that he can rarely survive.

The Bush-Cheney campaign is now attacking Kerry's record – and effectively. And the truth is that Kerry has always been 'too cute by half' in voting left but trying to appear a centrist. In fact, he is the most liberal of all 100 senators!

The fact that he is now tied or ahead of G.W. Bush in a country that is dominated by Republicans is a surprise. The GOP has the White House, House, Senate and majority of governorships and is gaining more control of state legislatures, too.

Being a Republican is no longer a dirty word; in fact, it is a good thing! Yet somehow this McGovernite is leading in the polls?

Yes, he is. Partly because the economy is not doing as well as was anticipated, partly because Iraq is a negative – and partly because George W. Bush is proving to be such a weak candidate that he almost makes his father look good.

His immigration policy, deficits, NEA funding increase, Mars Mission, State of the Union speech and "Meet the Press" performance have all combined to make this previously invulnerable president into an embattled candidate.

The best thing Bush has going for him is that half the voters don't yet know Kerry. And to know him is not to like him. He is a phony – plain and simple. Yes, he is a weasel trying to hide his extremely liberal record. He is clever, dangerous and will do anything to win this election.

But most of all he is a total phony to all who know him. He is rude, arrogant and condescending.

Bush's best bet is that this side of Kerry emerges in the next eight months.

John LeBoutillier, a former U.S. congressman, is an author and columnist.

#44     Mar 18, 2004
  5. Jay Leno:

"We finally found an american job Bush is willing to fight for - his own." :D

#45     Mar 18, 2004
  6. The book he doesn’t want you to see: When Kerry ran for election to the U.S. House of Representative in 1972, “he found it necessary to suppress reproduction of the cover picture appearing on his own book, The New Soldier. His political opponent pointed out that it depicted several unkempt youths crudely handling an American flag to mock the famous photo of the U.S. Marines at Iwo Jima,” according to Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry.

“Suddenly, copies of the book became unavailable and even disappeared from libraries. But the Lowell (Mass.) Sun said of the type of person shown on its cover: ‘These people spit on the flag, they burn the flag, they carry the flag upside down, [and] they all but wipe their noses with it in their efforts to show their contempt for everything it still stands for,’” the New American reported.

[​IMG]

#46     Mar 18, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Kerry is a POS! Let's start these debates now. Let's get this election over with. Don't the democrats have anything better then Kerry to put up. This is pathetic.

#47     Mar 19, 2004

8. Actually, OBL was used to jetsetting from terrorist talent pool to terrorist talent pool, knowing that Clinton had no interest in nabbing him.

A "no brainer" you say? I guess I must have imagined all that defeastist scaremongering about no foreign army ever winning in Afghanistan. (Just like Iraq was going to be "next Vietnam" -- the stock liberal charge before every war) Come off it dude, you are sounding more ridiculous by the minute. Nader would have gone into Afghanistan? PLEASE! Kerry? The way Bush did it (a legendary moment in presidential history)? Not on your life.

#48     Mar 19, 2004
  9. "Who cares what you think?"
    That's what President Bush shot back at me when I told him what I thought of his performance. As November approaches, I have to thank him for pointing me toward exactly the right question.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Bill Hangley Jr.

March 19, 2004 |

It has been almost three years since I spoke with the president of the United States, and I still get mail about it.

It was July 4, 2001, and we were both at one of those things that the late historian Daniel Boorstin would have labeled a "pseudo-event:" A church picnic in Philadelphia, designed to help George W. Bush promote his faith-based policies. I was working at the time for a local nonprofit that had helped set it up, but I had some serious misgivings about the president's performance up to that point, and being a part of the whole operation had left me feeling a bit like a pseudo-person. So when I had the chance to shake Bush's hand, I said, "Mr. President, I'm very disappointed in your work so far. I hope you only serve four years."

His smiling response was swift: "Who cares what you think?"

#49     Mar 19, 2004
  10. At least he didn't give the pat Howard Dean response of "sit down and shut up! it's my turn to talk!"

#50     Mar 19, 2004