Proposed new WAR TAX

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jorgez, Nov 30, 2009.

1. more than 50% of americans believe 911 was self inflicted and specifically tailored to pass despotic legislation and justify a series of wars in foreign countries.

it is all in the internet for anyone with an open mind to see and decide from herself.

obviously the war on terror is an hoax to justify trillions of dollars spent on the military industrial complex and the ambition to secure important natural resources or infra structure abroad.

#21     Nov 30, 2009
  2. piezoe

piezoe

The idea of a WAR tax is one of the greatest ideas proposed by our revered lawmakers since the founding of the Nation. The only thing that would make it greater still is if the entire budget for "defense" -veterans benefits-and associated interest was paid for via a separate line item on everyone's tax return.

Once people realized how much of their labor was going to support these activities I imagine the pride and joy of red-blooded "Ahmuricans" of "Mission Accomplished" after so cleverly invading Iraq in retaliation for being attacked by Saudi terrorists might quickly fade.

#22     Nov 30, 2009
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Of course our fearless leader has done some things he said he'd do. He made every golf engagement he's signed up for. He has also given a job to every radical whackjob who has ever done anything for him.

Just don't sweat the small stuff like promising to pull out of Iraq as soon as he entered office or keeping unemployment below 8%.

#23     Nov 30, 2009
  4. 50% of Americans? And I bet that includes you eh? LOL. Something to think about though, most of the world at one time believed the world was flat. Time for you to take your head out of your ass.

OldTrader

#24     Nov 30, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Good point, OT. And, while I'm not trying to justify the amount of blood, money, and time we've spent there, take a moment (everyone, whether for or against the war) to consider the horror of the deaths of those people.

The horror you see in lots of movies these days is soon forgotten when you walk out of the theater. How could you ever forget what happened that day in New York City?

#25     Nov 30, 2009
  6. spinn

spinn

easily the stupidest post I have ever seen, quite an accomplishment on ET

#26     Nov 30, 2009
  7. Mercor

Mercor

The first priority for taxes is Defense, after all the dollars for war are covered then what’s left is to be applied to any other program.
    They either take the money from the domestic programs or raise taxes to replace the taxes taken from domestic programs.

In reality the spending on this war and the jobs it creates might be more efficient then the Stimulus spending program.

I would like to see a special vote on a tax for extending unemployment benefits 2 years and counting.

#27     Dec 1, 2009
  8. jorgez

jorgez

No I have not forgotten, in fact this is what I remember.

Bush commenced his presidency 9/12 and has keep US safe from external terrorists ever since.(Notice that I am deliberately excluding the Wall Street Bandits)

Despite repeated warnings of a specific nature, there was nobody awake at the helm in the months preceding 9/11, hence the tragedy and all that has followed.

Despite war games involving 1T bucks worth of US military, only one plane failed in it's mission, the others succeeded.

9/11 has been attributed to UBL, who remains uncaptured today despite 1T of military.

100s of thousands of people have lost their lives in actions to date attributed to 9/11 including the original 3,100.

And most of all ......

It still goes on today, with no end in sight

#28     Dec 1, 2009
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

Wait, I thought that is why we went to Iraq? I guess you can justify any war using 9/11 and the American people will buy it.

We should have been heavy in Afghanistan from the get go. I guess 8 years is the amount of time you need to figure out which war you should be fighting? It's pretty pathetic. So any goodwill I've had for this campaign has long dissipated because of its mismanagement, even when you take 9/11 into account.

#29     Dec 1, 2009
  10. Mercor

Mercor

If we did it your way, then after we fixed Afghanistan we then would deal with Iraq 10 years later, stronger and probably with WMD's. better to deal with Iraq when we did.

#30     Dec 1, 2009