Proper Way to Ask for a 2nd Look

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jasonbraswell, Jan 31, 2006.

1. For those of you who have some experience hiring traders or working closely with those who hire traders, is there a proper, potentially effective way to ask for a "second look" if you get turned down for a job?

(No, I haven't been rejected, at least not yet, but I figured it would be good knowledge to have in advance.)

I was thinking one way would be to ask the bearer of bad news for feedback on why you got rejected. Then, you could offer some contrary evidence.

2. My company (large software co) has a strict policy of not telling you why you've been rejected. It exposes the corp to lawsuites and other nastys they don't want. But I would guess the policy varies.

3. tomcole

tomcole

How many times do you need to hear 'no'? Just move on - theres lots of jobs.

4. Thanks for the informative suggestion! This one was just as helpful as you're telling of another poster that she should be damn happy with whatever offer was on the table and that she shouldn't consider another path.

I might be more inclined to listen to you if you lost the derisive tone and observed subject-verb agreement.

5. uiucgrad

uiucgrad

That was me he was talking about. I read his reply to you and completley discredited him since he obviously has some problems.

Anyways, I had a friend who got turned down for a position and asked why she was turned down and given a reason--her lack of leadership. She also asked if she could work on this and reapply, which she did and got the job.

If you feel you have a chance, go for it. Don't let the tomcoles out there tell you no. Determination will go a long way and recruiters will see that.