Prop vs. Arcade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bkveen3, May 5, 2008.

1. Don,

you say 50% of your traders have been with you for at least 5 years.

What percentage of your overall traders have taken out over $125,000 net in that time frame (i.e. $25k/year)?

#31     May 22, 2008
  2. Don

I know your traders trade stocks. My question is ... do your traders trade stock options and futures and futures options?

#32     May 22, 2008
  3. 90+% stocks, a handful trade the E's. Another handful may do some calls.

Regarding $25K....LOL...look, I'm not going to go back through 16 years of accounting to check for sure. And, I have traders who just let the accounts build up to carry bigger size home. And, if some trader wants to continue trading, it's up to thm about his draws or continuing. IMO, why would anyone keep doing this if they weren't making a good living.

Publish some numbers from Echo, Hold, or Assent or something, geez... I just try to relate what's going on here.... and I have never seen anything statistical from any other firm.

(No offense meant to my friends at all 3 firms, just a comment).

Don

#33     May 23, 2008
  4. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Don't think whatever stats Don says or shows makes any difference, bottom line in my opinion is you are either a good trader or not, and you'll either make money at Bright, Echo, or Assent or you will lose at all three, I don't think one of them will magically make a bad trader into a good one or bring a good trader down.

So then the only stats that would come into play would revolve around which firm has been able to 'attract' good traders, not make them.

I don't know if that makes sense but my point is for myself, I will either make/lose the same in gross P&L terms at any of the three is how I feel, the difference comes down to the NET. So don't think that one firms stats makes them better than another, look at the software/commish/payout and go with the one that works best for what you do.

I don't think any stats about what other guys are doing will affect your outcome in the end, you as a trader either have it or you don't.

#34     May 23, 2008
  5. I agree about good traders making it anywhere. Developing traders within groups, and helping new traders is sort of an "extra niche" that we've worked hard on over the years. Our top people have done wonders with average traders within groups etc.

All that being said...yes, absolutely up to the individual trader to make it!

All the best,

Don

#35     May 23, 2008