Prop trading magazines

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Altec55, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Altec55

Altec55

Can anyone recommend the best equity/proprietary trading magazines for an experienced trader? I don't want to mention any names, but a lot of these mags I been reading lately are just filled with advertistements and nonsense. Looking for magazines for high frequency, high volume traders..

thanks

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities, SFO ( Stocks, Futures and Options Magazine) and Futures.
    SFO and Futures magazine are free. Goodluck.

3. most of the mags commonly mentioned on this site like TASC are pretty retail oriented.

you could check out FOW - a year sub is about £550 but its much more definately aimed towards professionals and prop traders (www.fow.com)

4. That could be a "good" business idea if you can somehow make contact with that demographic. :cool:

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Elite bills itself as #1 community for active traders thus, there are no traders on Elite from hedge funds or other institutions; its mostly retail and independent traders ( pro), thus recommended magazines are relevant. I will be surprised/shocked if there are any potfolio traders on Elite.

6. I can't remember the name of it, but I get one with my Wall Street Technology magazine. I don't keep them, but when the next issues come I'll try to remember to post the name here. Some of it is above my knowledge base, but it's interesting to read. Best of all I get them free.

7. wave

wave

http://www.advancedtrading.com/index.jhtml

8. Altec55

Altec55

I appreciate the feedback as I will be checking out several of the above mentioned.

Traders Daily/Monthly these guys still in business? website doesn't seem to be working

traderdaily.com?

9. DoubleDown, the publishers of Trader Monthly blew up last month.

10. Automated Trader is ok- they sent me a free copy.

http://www.automatedtrader.net/

I assume you are high freq & need data, processing, etc... so it might be useful.

#10     Mar 13, 2009