Prop Trading Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by monkey771, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I would expect to start at 50% of profits after a desk fee...possibly with a reduced or waved desk fee for the first month or first few months.

#11     Mar 4, 2006
  2. Millydog, thanks for the heads up about the contract. I better be careful about that. I think normal contract length should be no more than 15 - 18 months right?

Traderguy, how much is the desk fee usually? i hope its not thousands:( I am glad you brought up the matter. Also thanks for the question.

I Thank everyone for your help.

#12     Mar 4, 2006
  3. trom

trom

I got asked questions like:

What do you think it means to be successful?

Why do you want to be a trader?

What's 125 divided by 2?

What kinds of problems do you find to be the most difficult?

What did the markets close at yesterday?

If you had 1k to invest a year ago, knowing what you know now, where would you have put it?

If it's 1:20pm what is the angle between the hands on the clock?

#13     Mar 4, 2006
  4. Your a submarine captain and you have two torpedoes, both with 1/3 probability of hitting the target. If you fire both of them, what's the probability of hitting the target?

#14     Mar 4, 2006
  5. silk

silk

5 divided by 9 is chance of hitting target

#15     Mar 4, 2006
  6. About $2,500 a month. This is for a futures prop shop that offers premium services like a nice office (but not your own office, you will be in a big room with many other traders), at least 2 computers and 3 monitors, CQG charts, Bloomberg and Reuters, on site tech support, cable TVs, firm is a member of all of the major exchanges, etc. The firm makes money from the profit split and commissions; they want you trading more than a one lot. What you are aiming for is to show them that you are profitable (not counting the desk fee) and then they will up your size so the desk fee won't be a much of a factor.

Cheers,

TRADERguy

#16     Mar 4, 2006
  7. bitrend

bitrend

And what were your answers?

#17     Mar 4, 2006
  8. Thanks trom and knocks for the additonal q's.

#18     Mar 6, 2006
  9. hummer77

hummer77

I needed to know the following answers to these questions

what are the normal cost of fees? such as is there always fees to use there trading platform? how much are the costs for fees assocatied with trading?
    for example
    if you trade less than 500k shares per month what is the fee? 5.00 per 1000

over 1 million per month ? 2.75 per 1000?

What are the cuts usually if you put up money?
    put up 5000 of your own capital, what is a reasonable cut?
    put up 10000 of your own, reasonable cut?
    20000 of your own, reasonable cut?
    30000 of your own, reasonable cut?

with these companies, do you get profit sharing or 401k, if so how does it work and how many do you think offer this.

i appreciate it, whoever answers... thank you very much

#19     Feb 12, 2007
  10. You think you allowed to advertise for free Mr Jessy, think again!! Ban him!!!!

#20     Feb 15, 2007