Prop Trading Business Model

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RedSun, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Hi, I would like to ask you some more questions about Alkaline-Capital. I'm considering to contact them...How long have you been with them?

#31     Dec 5, 2021
  2. I think, that you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it.

#32     Dec 6, 2021
  3. for me its been abt 3-4 mths with them. ya reach out, i find the founder really responsive. they usually send a termsheet with all details so that really helps

#33     Dec 6, 2021
  4. Thanks a lot for your feedback. With so many scams around, I'm always a little bit worried, I personally know people who lost their risk deposits. Thanks

#34     Dec 6, 2021
  5. yeah prop trading is not a regulated business outside the US and I have navigated many of them over more than a decade now to be able to separate wheat from the chaff. I try and avoid the cayman/cyprus/T&T ones mostly

#35     Dec 6, 2021
  6. traderjo

traderjo

SO what protection you get from those claiming to be based in Canada.. they are not regulated there either it seems!

#36     Dec 6, 2021
  7. Rapunzel

Rapunzel

What a great post. Can you signpost me to first-loss capital providers.

#37     Dec 6, 2021
  8. only way to have that 100% protection is if you trade with a US based prop firm but unfortunately they won't take any non US person and require large capital to be put down. Atleast I have something to fight against a Canadian entity if things go south but those Islands I have no rights and/or means to even begin to salvage something if things are going south.

#38     Dec 7, 2021
  9. traderjo

traderjo

I guess so but some of the Canada based firms have things like " Ontario based or certain province based residents can't trade" that raises red flag + the entire swift saga + the so called world wide DTTW office!

#39     Dec 7, 2021
  10. Hi, I would like to ask you more details about "Ontario based" prop firm. Did you have any issue with some of them? Is it a red flag only if they keep out Ontario residents from trading? Or also if they are based in Ontario? I would like to join one of them (based in Toronto), but I'm afraid to loose my risk deposit. Thanks

#40     Dec 8, 2021