Prop Trader Workstation setups

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jpomerenke, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Lynx Capital in NY picture # 2

#21     Aug 25, 2002
  2. stevet

stevet

the only thing that limits the number of monitors is the operating system since that will only allow a set number

cant remember which does what, but they can all do over 10 monitors - and the number of monitors does not as far as i know use up memory stuff since the video cards have their own memory on board

i have run 10 monitors off a standard computer without any problems

the number of programs you have running together with the number of windows you open on those monitors does chew up system resoures - but not the actual number of monitors

#22     Aug 25, 2002
  3. Thanks Rtharp and JW for posting those pics.....this is a cool thread....
    would love to see some pics from Bright , Worldco...etc....

#23     Aug 25, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

I use Tradestation 6 as well and I have run into the same problem. The number of monitors isn't the issue, at least not this issue (I run six and could easily add another 4 - I do run dual Xeons as I beat the living shit out of TS6) However, if take a look at this thread - if you use TS6 and you don't know about this trick, you are limiting yourself...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=96068&highlight=Tradestation#post96068

nitro

#24     Sep 21, 2002
  5. It's how fast the video card processor is. But more screens means more windows open and more information processed. Still, if you use 20 screens like one screen, like using it as a large chart, it's the video card's power.

#25     Sep 21, 2002