Prop trader vs. trader @ major IBs

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pdicartery, Apr 28, 2006.

1. BudFoxx

BudFoxx

so how does someone good get found?..

I'm young, good education, very profitable .. at the moment trading own money and advising but looking to expand network. ..perhaps join a firm or fund.

or better to join a prop firm? trading on my own is boring and there's always lot's to learn from other great traders.

#11     Apr 29, 2006
  2. where r u and how old r u, wot do u trade?

#12     Apr 29, 2006
  3. If you check on a Bloomberg, there's a section on Jobs, there's tons of postings everyday from hedge funds and prop funds looking for profitable traders.

#13     Apr 29, 2006
  4. Before opening your mouth and answering a question such as the one the thread starter started, you should really do a little research on the subject matter.

Based on your answer here, its very obvious to any experienced trader that you are very clueless on what prop trading is all about. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you are new here and need to understand that its not helpful or productive for someone like you to comment on something you know very little if anything about. I suggest, for future posts, that you spend a little more time getting to know the topic before responding.

#14     Apr 29, 2006
  5. There are a couple of definitions of prop trading floating around.

#15     Apr 29, 2006
  6. mizer

mizer

You made yourself look very unknowledgeable with this post. If I were you I would immediately change my screen name.....this one is officially BLOWN UP:eek: :D

#16     Apr 29, 2006
    #17     Apr 29, 2006
  8. hey kido, can u tell me exactly why i should change my screen name?

im really surprised at the number of "unknowledgeable" folks here actually, given that its a traders forum.. i guess thats because not everyone is from london or NY and make assumptions of how the world turns.

anyways, im not going to waste my time. have a nice day.

#18     Apr 29, 2006
  9. I did some research on you Mr. "Batman" You mentioned in one of your posts that you arent even a trader! And then you have the nerve to answer questions about prop trading. Get a life bro. I trade at a prop firm and have for 3 years so I think I know more about the subject than you.

The thread starter was asking about the difference between trading at an IB vrs "prop trading". Maybe its YOU who should go back and re-read the thread starters post because you obviously are confused. I dont give a shit if you werent talking about prop trading at a prop shop, but I believe the thread starter was.

My posts to you have nothing to do with the fact that you are new to elitetrader, we were all new here at one point. My issue is that you have no idea what you are talking about as far as this subject is concerned. Wise up man.

#19     Apr 29, 2006
  10. Here is the post in case you forgot.

#20     Apr 29, 2006