'Prop" then drop

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by handle_this, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Did you come onto this thread to find the evil's of this industry? Why are you arguing with any traders and their P/Ls? Six figures is six figures.

Do you know what confirmation bias is? Look into that.

Also, if you want to find some negatives of this business... just go through the prop threads. I'm sure you'll find stories about how some guys got riped off at illegitimate shops. Just remember that is one side of the story. The 5% of guys that make is a testimony to that. It's a tough business, but the rewards are high.

#31     Jun 18, 2009
  2. Both good and bad- I started the thread ?

Lot of businesses are hard, but its especiall hard when you have organizations ( most of them) set up just tp fleece kids and others that want to "day trade "

#32     Jun 18, 2009
  3. Confirmation bias- funny thing is that your telling me that !!!

hahahahahah - jeshshsh

both good and bad buddy, what so tough about this

#33     Jun 18, 2009
  4. Midas

Midas

Don't you think prop. firms have more to gain when their traders succeed?

#34     Jun 18, 2009
  5. NEW TRAINEE TRADERS at real prop firms GENERALLY HAVE ZERO FINANCIAL RISK FROM THEIR SIDE. (Sometimes they also get a base salary or a draw.)

Distinguish prop firms from arcades.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh :cool:

#35     Jun 18, 2009
  6. No, when you have plenty of fresh unsuspecting new "traders" that gaurentee's money? Why would they, get it ?

New guy= gaurenteed brokerage, covers own losses, and I charge him desk fee's frivolous training etc .....

Good trader may lose, I have to worry about his blow up potentail, no gaurentee he will keep winning - further a good trader IF has edge will be followed by the "tribe"

#36     Jun 18, 2009
  7. Midas

Midas

You mean a revolving door of neophytes trading 100 share lots paying a desk fee make more for a company than several 100 experienced traders trading 1 to 5 (plus) million shares per month, plus haircut interest.

I don't think so.

#37     Jun 18, 2009
  8. THIS IS A ARCADE

#38     Jun 18, 2009
  9. Such as Bright ?

#39     Jun 18, 2009

10. 100 expericed 1-5 mm shares a month- how many of them make consistent money ?

#40     Jun 18, 2009