Prop Shops in Europe?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by station42, Jul 6, 2007.

1. station42

station42

Does anyone know of any trading firms in Europe? Anyone have any experience starting one?

Thx.

2. where in Europe?

3. Dogfish

Dogfish

4. station42

station42

I'm in Bratislava, Slovakia. I've been getting some (what seems like) interest from some people I know in NY regarding starting up a shop here.

Not sure about what kind of regulatory issues are involved with trading worldwide exchanges (both euro & US markets) and also things like clearing of trades.

I've been a day trader in NY for a few years and recently relocated to Bratislava.

5. station42

station42

6. On a related theme- still looking for a good one in Chicago for remote access if anyone has any ideas.

I would stress I don't want to be backed - have my own capital but want to be able to locate a model in Chicago and trade spot fx and futures on the ecbot and cme off it .

Thanks

7. try, there's plenty of job adds there, mostly for the UK, but also for France, Germany, US and Australia.

efinancialcareers.co.uk

you can also check www.swifttrade.com, we have several offices all across Europe.

8. Dogfish

Dogfish

I don't, it's just a different model from the usual prop houses as it's non profit

9. non profit? :confused:

10. its a Limited by Guarantee incorporation run for the benefit of the members. To trade there you have to become a member of the firm. The benefits of membership are that you get to trade at the lowest rates I've come across in the industry.

Example: Eurex financial futures you would pay 0.24c per side including exchange fee's - thats basically 0.04c clearing fee per side.

No sliding scales, its a flat rate regardless of volume.

Obviously, if your doing 100k spins per month, you stand to save a bundle in commissions. They clear through Fortis.

#10     Jul 17, 2007