Prop requirements in house........

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pumpanddump, Jun 30, 2003.

1. I thought Shill closed.

#11     Jul 2, 2003
  2. We are still around. We just entered a period of reconsolidation and remodeling.

Please pardon our mess.

#12     Jul 2, 2003
  3. Trading is a personal enterprise...(IMHO), not an employer/employee relationship. The one comment I might take exception to (from above), is the "making money for the firm"....which implies that the firm is not equally as concerned about the trader making money. Even from a cynical, greedy standpoint, this makes little sense. The Firm (any firm) should want successful traders, so as to assure its' continued profitablity. Spending money to bring in new traders vs. spending time to help existing traders is a "no-brainer."

We try our best to act as "facilitators" for those who want to be traders. I'm often times surprised to see all the gray matter wasted on trying to analyze our business model. Traders save by not having to buy exchange memberships, benefit from "economies of scale," and get "use of capital"....and for this, we keep a small portion of the fees paid (that would be paid anyway, by anyone trading).

There are only a small handful of firms that still offer the ability for the average trader to attempt this adventure, and I don't recall ever forcing anyone to seek this career.

(just a little "grounding" ----)

Don

#13     Jul 2, 2003