Prop Payout Ratio

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tehponage, Sep 20, 2009.

1. tehponage

tehponage

Hi all,

what is the highest payout ratio people have seen at prop capacity, with capital fully backed by the firm and fixed desk fee. im prop trading in australia and i was wondering how the firm compares to firms in europe and the americas.

of course, im talking about senior trader payouts, not n00bs.

regards

2. There are one or two firms i know that pay out 95-100%..... If you're experienced and profitable the 80% is the norm ..... If you're doing crazy size and bp the bigger firms pay anywhere from 25-50% however they're letting you swing an 8 digit line.

If you're trading around 100k a day then I'd say 80 percent, a kangaroo and a boomerang is fair.

3. rosy2

rosy2

30% to 60%. Higher payout if you make more money. No desk fees and the firm backs you.

4. tehponage

tehponage

thanks for the replies.

i guess im not exactly getting stiffed here. im getting slightly higher than that but the desk fee does get a little costly month in month out.

regards

5. Hi,

Who do you trade for?
    Propex?

6. tehponage

tehponage

yes i do

7. how do you find the place in terms of environment/ turnover of traders etc?

8. tehponage

tehponage

seek.com or just the website

they recruit once every 6 months for new traders and ongoing for experienced guys.

regards

9. see you in a few weeks

10. tehponage

tehponage

im afraid i didnt answer ur question, i thought ur question was just "how do you find the place"

the place is awesome in both terms. the environment is very friendly, non-hierachical and fellow traders are all supportive of one another. management is generally helpful and tolerant. turnover is minimal, as in really minimal. especially for grads. i think for the 50+ grads over the past 2.5 years only one got let go and that was because of discplinary measures. although a few did leave on their own accord.

i could be talking it up here, but personally i enjoy working for propex immensely. hope you will find the place as described when you turn up.

#10     Sep 29, 2009