Prop options firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Trader82, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Trader82

Trader82

I'm starting a list on Prop options firms. Just would like to compare and see what's out there.

Found two so far:
    1) Simplex
    2) Vtrader

Can anybody else sound off and add some more? Thanks guys.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Echo, Cassandra. Stay away from Don, he doesn't like options. :)

3. Trader82

Trader82

Can you give me a link or contact info for Cassandra please? Did you get my PM by the way? Thanks for posting.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.cassandratrading.com/

Link does not seem to be working now. Keep in mind they are a market making firm in the CBOE.

5. I like options when they're used by traders who know options really well. Had a guy, he thought because he was delta neutral, that his ratio'd short puts vs. short stock was a good, hedged posiition. I made a chart for him, showing how a very small move would have wiped out his account plus a couple hundred thousand bucks. A little bit of knowledge is dangerous....but I think I'm "preaching to the choir" eh Mav? You see more of this than I do probably.

Don :)

6. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

LOL!

Aint gamma a beauty!

7. Do you know who Maverick74 is?

8. does anyone have a link for echo? i wouldn't label simplex a 'prop' firm, as they seem to have a buch of people trading a common group account.

overall, seems to me that there are only a very few prop options firms...and only equity option :(

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not true....

10. well, i may be wrong...reading over Cassandra Trading's website, they are supposedly a market maker at the CME (whatever that mean...i imagine these are leasing a seat) , but in the "About Us" section, it notes that one of the guys has to approve each order...which would make it impossible to stream quote. :confused:

#10     Aug 28, 2007