Prop in London, UK

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by marklucas, Sep 26, 2008.

1. where do you trade CBuster?

#11     Sep 28, 2008
  2. CBuster

CBuster

A few people have asked me this now by PM also.

Basically, I trade prop from a UK firm based in London. I trade automated and semi automated systems. I prefer to stay a little anonamous so rather not say which firm but they are a big player on Eurex and, to lesser degree, CME and LIFFE. They also offer stocks and just about any other instument to people who know how to trade.

Anyway, my only point is that not all shops require money down if the individual (trader) is of high quality. The industry is full of both crooks and genuine firms offering real services. You just need to do some research and seperate the good from the bad.

To the OP - if you have no real trading experience (vs paper) with your system, you might have trouble convincing most props / arcades. There are hundreds of successful back tests out there being pitched around by crooks and idiots. That is why many might ask for money down as insurance. If you like, send me some details (product, system stats and trading frequency - not the actual strategy) and I'll take a look. If the system were really good, you could potentially even setup a structure to trade the strategy via a 3rd party and not even have to leave work.

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. CBuster

CBuster

Hi bunds - I saw your previous thread on this topic. A prop firm would take a person for sure if they were averaging 5 ticks per day, obviously dependant on the down days and drawdowns not being too big. for prop shops, it's all about consistency. There is no "expected" number of ticks as such, AFAIK.

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. CBuster

CBuster

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. You sound like you think a firm would expect you to trade big size from day 1. wrong. unless you have a track record of real trading, they will start you on a 1 lot. if you hit your targets, you up the size. if you consistenly hit your targets over and over, eventually you'll be trading 100 lots +

Not sure what gives you this idea that you can make 2 ticks per day or whatever. Are you trading? You sound pretty fixated on the numbers whereas the real way the arcades operate is steady improvement, consistency and then steadily build size.

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. thereds

thereds

Hay cbuster, heres a question for you...I have been a self-funded trader for 5 years now, and have a consistent and profitable track record. I have traded at one city based arcade and two others well outside the square mile.
    I am contemplating a backed deal so that i can scale up my strategy and look at more products aswell. Could you recommend some reputable firms please??
    I'd appreciate any advice,cheers

#15     Oct 11, 2008
  6. where are these?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

and two others well outside the square mile.

#16     Oct 30, 2008