Prop Groups are PHONIES and full of BS

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trader963, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Prop Groups are PHONIES and full of BS
    no kidding !

#11     Aug 23, 2002
  2. Then why don't you go back to trading with E-trade?

#12     Aug 23, 2002
  3. vhehn and limitdown got it right..

look people.. do you think the prop firms are in business to hand out money? you think they should be a CHARITY working for YOUR best interest? go home and cry to your mommy!! you think they dont have their own profit expectations? you think if they could trade themselves, they would be putting up with customer relations BS and dealing with whiny clients? they do it for one reason, their own bottom line! the only people that dont work this way are jesus freaks and jehovahs witnesses!! oh and maybe mormons too. i wouldnt be the first to say that prop firms are unnecessary.. if you are profitable, go trade futures or stock options and rake in the cash yourself. i said IF.. so if you are not profitable, then you dont have much choice now DO YOU?! you should be thankful you are allowed to trade at all! you have nothing to complain about, no one chaining you down making you stay. if you are in THEIR house.. either play by THEIR rules, or stop your whining and GET THE F*CK OUT!

#13     Aug 23, 2002
  4. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

they cater to people that can't trade, or don't have their own dough to trade.

My Suggestion... use these firms for whatever you can and then go out on your own, fund yourself or find alternative funding, get your own commission deal and most importantly, "RUN YOUR OWN SHOW"

Remember...real traders aren't monkeys on keyboards. One of the great benefits to trading is the freedom that comes with it. Make yourself rich not someone else and then use your profits to better your family, your community and the things you hold dear to your heart.

#14     Aug 23, 2002
  5. The business model of these equities prop firms is just about the same as retail firms, commissions (+deskfee) I see a big conflict of interest there. I am not saying they are all scam but beware. A real prop firm should train traders to trade the partners capital for a cut of the profit .

#15     Aug 23, 2002
  6. DarynC

DarynC

Trader963

"I GUESS IT WAS OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PERAL HARBOR"

This would be a definite sign that you really do have your facts straight!...not to mention the spelling

#16     Aug 23, 2002
  7. Bigscalper. I agree w/ some points you make as I've sometimes voiced my opinions on some of the bad things about prop firms. I used to trade prop and the reason is because their commission and costs tended to be less than retail. It is only the past 2 months that I noticed that retail is catching up to prop-bullets, sub-penny pricing, coupled with no LLC risk.
    The pendulum is tiliting back to retail (other than the 10:1 leverage which could be big for certain trading styles). What I don't get is your issue about going out on your own for freedom. I took a lot of vacations when I was in prop and as far as I know most of the prop guys I sometimes talk too are not 'chained' kindly elaborate.

Great weekend everyone!

#17     Aug 23, 2002
  8. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

the japs bombed pearl harbor and quit bitching

#18     Aug 23, 2002
  9. dawg

dawg

"I GUESS IT WAS OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PERAL HARBOR"

This would be a definite sign that you really do have your facts straight!...not to mention the spelling

Ok. I can only assume since he put the statement in quotes he is referring to J Belushi's quote from animal house. :)

...or he really is retarted.

#19     Aug 23, 2002
  10. trader3

trader3

<<<<

GATrader wrote:

What I don't get is your issue about going out on your own for freedom. I took a lot of vacations when I was in prop and as far as I know most of the prop guys I sometimes talk too are not 'chained' kindly elaborate.

>>>>

Hi,
    Can prop traders make their own schedule? I mean can they come in late and leave early and take days off or vacations when they want?
    Thanks

#20     Aug 23, 2002