Prop Futures

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sammybea, Mar 17, 2003.

1. I agree... Most firms make money with commissions. Prop futures trading is not a paradise. It is a paradise for me but it's not a get rich quick thing people expect. If you get rich quick then you will most definitely get poor quick someday.

Anyways... some trade not more than 10 spins a day. There's different firms and some firms can take the longer time frame.

You just gotta do the research about a firm that fits your style. Most of the traders at firms are at break-even levels. You see some that are successful but the odds are really small. Turn-over rates are really high for most of the firms.

Well....It's an interesting world. I've seen more of the psychological aspects of traders who survive and some that don't. Younger college grads have a hard time and I see most have certain psychological characteristics that keep them away from making money.

Good trade!

trend

:D

#41     Apr 19, 2003
  2. Don't agree on that one.

Good Trade!!:D

trend

#42     Apr 19, 2003
  3. Tk,

Casharb's in a different game.

Good trade!

trend

#43     Apr 19, 2003
  4. Which explains why so many firms that recruit these youngsters have gone under.

#44     Apr 19, 2003
  5. They still do. LOL.

I sometimes think they should get a stable job instead of dreaming about making millions. These kids have good academic backgrounds. I'm sure there's better ways to make money for them.

For me, I only know how to trade...:(

Good trade! :)

trend

#45     Apr 19, 2003
  6. Trading has ruined me too. Even though I can have another career doing something else, the desire isn't there.

#46     Apr 19, 2003
  7. Dude...

I agree. Especially my social life.:(

You've gotta really like it.

Good Trade!

trend:D

#47     Apr 19, 2003
  8. Does anyone know what the ES commissions (ballpark area) would be with a Globex Terminal? It looks like the base fee is about $400.00/month according to the CME web site but nothing is mentioned about the commissions.

Also, thinking along these lines, does anyone know what the rates are (ballpark for ES) if one were to go to the trouble to lease a CME membership? What additional expenses besides the leasing fee, and the Globex terminal fee does one have to take into consideration? I'm trying to figure out what kind of volume one needs to do in order to make membership a worthwhile endeavor.

I know, I know - I could call them up but then I'd have to wait until Monday and these thoughts occured to me while reading this thread on a Saturday. So, I figured I'd ask the question here.

Thanks.

-eLindy

#48     Apr 19, 2003
  9. hey downtickboy,

i'm a newbie here. I applied to Matrix Trading. And I'll have an interview with them soon. So, are you sure that they will pay salary or not? Do you know about payouts and commissions? I would like some kind of salary plus benefits would be nice in this tough market. Starting out you don't want the added pressure of trying ot learn and have no steady income.

just wondering...

misctrader

#49     Apr 26, 2003
  10. I heard great thing about them...Good luck. This business will dominate the equity shops. Long live the futures market. Let the thieves form the NYSE burn in hell. You can move size ....but you can not fool the pit for more than a few points. RIP NYSE. Their greed will bit them in the ass. I have a feeling that they will be a few good buys in the Hampton this summer. Greedy PIGS>>>>

#50     Apr 26, 2003