Prop Futures Trading Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jarrettmp, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm done here.

#41     Feb 3, 2012
  2. bone

bone

Take another bong hit. Seriously. CL alone traded 1.437M contracts today on Globex.

#42     Feb 3, 2012
  3. Feeman

Feeman

That seems to be your MO at ET. You're the only one who knows what you are talking about.

Tata and happy arguing wherever you go next.

#43     Feb 3, 2012
  4. Feeman

Feeman

And what size have you seen on Bid/Ask in CL? The market is thin compared to ES and ZN, total contracts notwithstanding.

Try buying 2500 and tell us what happened to price.

Another argumentative know-it-all who's shopping for customers on ET. Feel free to follow in Mav's footsteps.

#44     Feb 3, 2012
  5. Is it accurate to say there is little liquidity in CL? While I don't trade it I have the impression that it is fairly liquid. During RTH and barring news how many here are trading a size that CL can't digest well?

#45     Feb 3, 2012
  6. bone

bone

I have personally done blocks of 5,000 within 5 cents through ICAP and TFS, clearing ICE Swaps or Clearport. I used to trade energy commercially. That's what those facilities are there for.

And I have also traded ICE Swaps and Clearport through Chicago Prop Futures Groups. I have also traded PJM-W Swaps and HHNG Swaps at Chicago Prop Firms.

I would be happy to arrange an independently verifiable wager if you doubt it.

#46     Feb 3, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Damn you are clueless. If you put 2500 contracts on the bid, it would be hit in one second. Gone. Just like that. If you went to the market, you would get slipped for probably 5 ticks. You do realize that the bulk of crude trading is done on the strips right and not just the front month? And you do realize there are both exchange traded spreads that are several thousand up on both sides of the market. Not to mention the implied spreads.

#47     Feb 3, 2012
  8. Feeman

Feeman

20 contracts is a retail trade. How about 2500? How much slippage would you expect?

My point in this was about scale--hedge funds have no interest in playing for crumbs in the futures markets and if the OP or anyone else, thinks professionals have any interest in retailesque trades like 20 lots, then they are mistaken.

#48     Feb 3, 2012
  9. Feeman

Feeman

Welcome back. That was a short exit. :D

#49     Feb 3, 2012
  10. Feeman

Feeman

With that kind of pedigree, why are you hustling here to teach retail punters to trade? Bored in retirement and too much golf?

#50     Feb 3, 2012