Prop Futures Trading Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jarrettmp, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hi

I'm looking for a Prop firm that has access to futures.

All intraday trading (say 930-430) & I'm looking to use firm capital.

Willing to set strict trading limitations until relationship is established through good P&L

PM's are good for details or further questions, otherwise leave a name of a firm here in response and I'll call them up.

TIA

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

This has been discussed at length on this forum. If you are a pure directional trader, I doubt you will have much luck. If you are a spreader or HFT guy, well, there are about 50 firms in Chicago that trade futures.

3. I've searched the forum and gone through about 10 pages without finding anything aimed directly at what I'm looking for. Could you point me in the right direction?

It is pure directional trading.

4. you dont need to join a prop firm if you are trading futures. They provide plenty of leverage already.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, I started a thread about 40 pages long called the perfect prop firm that went into this. Unless you are willing to back yourself, no one is going to give you money on guessing market direction. There are some big firms in this town that are still putting up healthy numbers but they are spreaders and HFT shops. They make consistent money. Maybe one day that will stop and they'll start looking for punters again. It could happen. But right now these firms get 500 resumes for every one or two spots they fill. It's very competitive. VERY! If you truly believe in yourself, put some money up and see where the chips fall.

6. What do you mean "put some money up"?

I am willing to put some money up front to secure losses and/or provide trading history.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't understand what you are looking for. You already get 20 to 1 leverage in futures with an FCM. Are you looking for more leverage? Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

8. I'm looking for a bigger account than I can get by myself

9. How big of a futures account are you looking for ?

A $20k account already gets you some crazy leverage with futures.

10. Why would I want to utilize 10:1 leverage where one or two bad slips could wipe out my equity when I can just go to a prop firm and have them back me?

#10     Feb 2, 2012