Prop Futures Shops in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by AC3, Jun 29, 2005.

1. okwon

okwon

Taxes are just one part of the equation. And yes, you do give up a big tax advantage. However, you get to trade at member rates, direct lines to exchanges, bloomberg, reuters, analyst, full-time IT support, etc., as well as, access to some massive size. So depending on your trading style, it might be worth the trade-off.

Just the cost of getting a membership at each of the exchanges I regularly trade on would be outrageous. It would be impossible at this point to trade the way I trade from home on my own.

I'm not going to sit here and explain all the benefits. Bottom line is most of these shops have many traders making multiple millions of dollars. The traders still choose to stay with a crappy tax situation on top of giving up a decent percentage of profits to the company. There is a reason they all just don't leave when thier contracts are up.

I just want to know when one is going to open in LA.

And it's a little higher success rate than 1 out of 10. Not much higher these days but a little bit.

#11     Jul 14, 2005
  2. been living around here for 10years.

we just had a 5.9 about 70 miles from LA about a month ago. my quad monitor stand did do a bit of dancing.

the only thing scarier than the earthquakes is the real estate prices :eek:

#12     Jul 14, 2005
  3. Who are the multiple traders making millions of dollars and where are they trading?

#13     Jul 14, 2005
  4. okwon

okwon

What difference does it make? You can find them at just about every prop futures operation in Chicago. Look, I really don't want to get into any kind of debate here. I'm just looking for any info on any shop opening in the near future in LA.

#14     Jul 14, 2005
  5. Ditto. It would be nice to see CA again.

#15     Jul 14, 2005