Prop Futures in Austin/Houston/Dallas

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by showtime23, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Just wondering if there are any prop futures firms in austin, houston, or dallas, tx.

thanks.

2. pjbreen

pjbreen

I'm pretty sure velocity has a houston prop group.

3. qtip

qtip

Velocity Futures is in Houston but they don't have any prop traders from my knowledge.

4. qtip

qtip

You may want to check Zone Trading in Austin. I believe they have around 40 traders. Also, there is no capital requirement.

Good luck!

5. pjbreen

pjbreen

Says on their website that they do have prop:

Proprietary Trading

The management of Velocity takes the opportunity to work with the growth of trading careers on a one on one basis in our proprietary group. Our proprietary trading managers focus on a strong curriculum that teaches discipline, focus, and mental toughness.

and I know they are based out of Houston. But maybe the prop group is somewhere else? worth a call at least.

6. qtip

qtip

I see that also on the website. I am thinking all the prop traders are remote traders from all over.

7. JayS

JayS

8. I've heard Zone Trading mentioned a lot and I've checked them out but they do not offer any type of futures trading, only equities.

9. volente_00

volente_00

I never understood the purpose of futures prop trading ? With current day trading margins of $500, you are getting 100 to 1 leverage as a retail trader, Do enough volume and the commissions are dirt cheap. So why would someone want to trade futures prop ?

10. acejeff5

acejeff5

Hows it goin....I work at Zone Trading in Austin...No futures, only equities as of now, but we will soon be trying to branch off into futures, currencies, and other things, Zone is trying to begin to get into other markets. Its a great place, I love trading there.:)

#10     Apr 1, 2005