Prop futures firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trendtrader500, May 21, 2003.

1. JT47319

JT47319

May be of some interest with regards to Matrix Trading Group:

Actually, this statistic is probably usual for most retail daytraders.

#21     May 29, 2003

2. OK. I guess given that PERSPECTIVE then it makes some sense though. But it still seems rather a huge hurdle to jump over. Bascially making $200K just to get $66K/yr. Hmm.. I guess it beats getting nothing. But if the environment is good and you have a large capital to play with then maybe it's possible...

I'm still confused now...

#22     May 29, 2003
  3. How do you get this statistic ? Can I get the same info on other futures firms ?

#23     May 29, 2003
  4. JT47319

JT47319

#24     May 30, 2003
  5. Thank you.

#25     May 30, 2003
  6. kobyco

kobyco

Just to clarify, Matrix Trading Group is not the same company as Matrix Trading LLC.

#26     May 30, 2003
  7. misctrader,

Lots of question: What kind of size do they let you trade....I guess this makes a huge difference in the equation (assuming you are profitable). I also assume that it grows with your profitability. Did you ask them their failure/success rate?

Also, did they tell you what type of trading you would be doing? S&P daytrade, trading the NOB, other spreading? Is it up to the individual trader, or do they make the judgement call? Do they offer training...and is it good, or is it the trial by fire approach?

Thanks

MYD

#27     May 30, 2003
  8. okwon

okwon

They scalp. It's all intraday/daytrading. They trade the bund, bobl, eurostoxx, they just got the eminis this week, and they also trade the NOB spread. It's up to you to trade what you want.

It's trial by fire. You start out on a simulator. If you get consistent, you get to trade one contract. If you're consistent it goes up. You're not going to get massive size to trade, but they have the resources to give you more than adequate size for scalping purposes if you're good enough to justify the size.

All info from a trader there so I would guess it's accurate.

#28     May 30, 2003
  9. Other trader's success rates are probably NOT that important to you. The question is can YOU be successful? Trading is an individual sport in the end. It's NOT a team sport. It's going to be hard to make $200K scalping futures even with size to make $66K total take-home before taxes.

Yeah. Oh well.

misc

#29     May 30, 2003