Prop for swinging futs

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Avid_Consumer, Aug 14, 2006.

1. I've been trading retail for 3.5 years, doing well and I'm thinking about setting up a prop acct in addition to my core retail trading.

Basically I have a diverse group of simple but highly successful long only index futs swing systems I've been watching for a long time that I don't currently trade but would like to apply to opm. In the absence of a black swan these strats will likely continue to be extremely solid and consistent performers.

It's not a ton of turns or activity, but very consistent stuff. Is there a futs prop out there that could take me on remote for this purpose and what sort of deal could be possible?

thx

2. btw these strats can be implemented on equity as well. futs are preferable as far as leverage and slip are concerned, but for all intents and purposes eq works too

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you looking to raise capital or just looking for a prop firm that does longer term trading? Not sure what you are after.

4. hey mav, i'd like to sidestep raising independent capital and go with a prop that's amicable to backing longer-term futs trading if i can find a deal i'm comfortable with. as you know i don't have much experience with prop, but i assume if the situation is working out then backing can increase, etc

i might be misunderstanding, not sure if 'raising cap' also applies within the prop world vs depositing cap.