prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sawyer, Jun 19, 2006.

1. cmh

cmh

Wow!! Mowery, this thread has been amazing for me as a newb, especially all of the following threads. Thanks again.

#21     Jun 21, 2006
  2. Yep

#22     Jun 30, 2006
  3. Good job. Many thanks.

#23     Jul 17, 2006
  4. No problem, will be updating it. Am still getting set-up with my new firm, and finishing up testing with Windows Vista. Once I get Windows XP installed I will reinstall my webpage software and will get back to work, as I've received so many PM's for more information to add about firms. Just been busy this last month to even touch it.

I might add a new section for firms that offer Options trading and do a little section for Forex brokers as I'm considering opening up a Forex account for longer term trading as well, so I will see.

Appreciate the many thanks I receive. It really is no big deal, just happy to help. I'm also happy I don't have to repeatedly type all the firms as well, so I feel it has helped me as well and now I don't have to rely about all the information about firms being on my computer.

Google has my page listed #1 for Prop Firm Listings out of 1,110,000 results, so I thought that was interesting and I guess a good indicator that not many websites do this.

Just glad to help.

#24     Jul 17, 2006
  5. avs19

avs19

Prestige Capital is a very good outfit. They offer good leverage and a good remote product. Alot of other places are also "branches" of prestige. So going to them directly will probably get you the best deal.

#25     Jul 19, 2006
  6. #26     Jul 20, 2006
  7. Just a note of caution -- be wary of sub-LLCs claiming to be "firms" who are just middle men for prop firms.

I bet in the long run you will find a way to get very solid income from this service, just be keep abreast of who the dirty ones are that will try to use you as advertising, or pay you to advertise their uncompetitive/shady/dangerous companies.

The hard part will be making sure you actually know who they are, and what products and commissions the reliable firms offer. if you can find a way enhance the competitiveness of this industry without being compromised, you will probably reap some nice rewards.

#27     Jul 20, 2006
  8. Picorian

Picorian

Been looking for something like this for a bit

#28     Jul 22, 2006
  9. Yeah, good points....nice list of firm's, but I have to add as well, which ones are actual broker dealers vs. sub llc's? I recognize some, but quite honestly, I can't find any info on many on the list. Rather than submit what may be considered as a "bias" comment, perhaps the list maker could show the details of who they clear with, which exchange they are members of, etc. That would certainly help those seeking to begin trading.

FWIW: Bright Trading, Goldman Sachs Clearing and Execuion. Members of the Chicago Stock Exchange. (Robert Bright is a member of the CME as well, just FYI).

Don

#29     Jul 22, 2006
  10. I agree with that also: it might be better to replace the commentary with more objective data, because it's often difficult to get a clear picture of which firms are most competitive <i>just</i> from the commentary on this board. Working prop in NYC exposed me to who I believe the larger players are, and there are a lot on there I've never heard of who might be a waste of time or dangerous. Other traders might be inordinately drawn to putting their money in companies like that.

#30     Jul 22, 2006