prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sawyer, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Hehe, I just put that page together last night in about 20 minutes.

I'll continue to work on it tonight a little bit.

I will put up anything I can find about software fee's. I don't know about commissions though, since most are negotiable anyways, but I wll figure something out.

Happy to see there is big interest in this. Still getting a lot of PM's and e-mails now.

Will update it tonight.

EDIT:
    Generally:
    Laser = $200 software fee (unless firm covers it, some do) (example, Cy Group Trading covers the software fee's)

Sterling Trader Pro = $250 (plus $50 for entitlements to each exchange) (example, Positrade will cover all if you make 6k net)

So it is variable from firm to firm.

Still hoping to gather the names of all the software's and such.

That is all I know so far, but it varies from firm.

#11     Jun 20, 2006
  2. sawyer

sawyer

mowery has really gone above and beyond expectations!
    We need more like you Mowery...kudos!

#12     Jun 20, 2006
  3. hehe, You can't imagine how little respect I have around here.

I added a software section.

HECK, I might as well add a retail section, a Forex section, and a Futures section as well. *I'm kinda serious*

Lol, I just want to make sure I get all the prop firms first.

http://www.utropix.com/jmowery/PropFirms.html

I appreciate the appreciation though :)

#13     Jun 20, 2006
  4. jesus there must be at least 100 different prop houses in the us. and many like assent have 30 offices and hold has 9 offices so there must be at least 200 diifferent prop offices around. this is many more than the height of the bubble in 1999. the 5k down trading in somebody's llc has allowed this. in the 90's there were no day trading rules of 25k but many prop houses like all tech and block trading required a min of 50k to trade and charged $25 a trade.

#14     Jun 20, 2006
  5. Babak

Babak

6. Keep up the good work james. Nice to see a bit of altruism among the trading community.

#16     Jun 21, 2006
  7. I have acct with Benchmarq and I would recommend them to you. Nick seems to be a straight up guy...they clear through LEK which is very basic so make sure you get your sheets daily.

Overall, I will continue to work with them..great leverage, they answer the phone, blackwood is great, fast platform. Thumbs up!

Ross

#17     Jun 21, 2006
  8. Great job on your site! I predict that Karma will reward you for it.

#18     Jun 21, 2006
  9. No problemo, will update it tomorrow again, got SO MANY e-mails and pm's about more firms to add, so will get on it tomorrow, just too tired now.

Ciao!

#19     Jun 21, 2006
  10. nexus

nexus

#20     Jun 21, 2006