Prop firms-what questions to ask?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by get even TT, Mar 25, 2010.

#11     Mar 26, 2010
  2. #12     Mar 26, 2010
  3. sulemanf

sulemanf

#13     Mar 26, 2010
  4. cstfx

cstfx

you already have other threads for your TT rants.

Don't pollute another topic.

#14     Mar 26, 2010
  5. sulemanf

sulemanf

Good point. My bad.
    I shall keep my rants sanctioned.

#15     Mar 26, 2010
  6. coreed

coreed

Do prop shops need to see individual trading records before allowing access to firms capital?

If you have a proven strategy, is the training offered by Echo/Bright a disguised revenue generator for the prop shop, or do do they have to offer it to be compliant with Series 7 registration?

#16     Mar 26, 2010
  7. timcar

timcar

What the newer guys deciding on which Prop Shop to select is what attributes of Prop Trading are most important to you and pick that one. Such as are lower fees more important than lock-up period or quick payout. Or does one Prop have better trading platform than another.

At Bright Trading it gets an A+ for handing clients money but a C- since it charges higher commish. At say J.C. Trading an A for its lower commish but a C- for long deposit lock-up and once a month payouts.

#17     Mar 26, 2010
  8. Any firm that requires a lockup is iffy and is not as well capitalized.

Stick to the basics, Firms that require Series 7 and have a seat a the exchange.

#18     Mar 26, 2010
  9. I called Echo before and found that their commission rates are reasonable, but they charge a lot of other fees. I didn't find it cheap as other people are claiming here.

#19     Mar 27, 2010