Prop Firms (W/Salary) For College Grad?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NYCFinest, Nov 27, 2007.

1. GUYS PLEASE READ:

BEFORE ANY OF YOU PM ME OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME ATLEAST GET YOUR SILLY STORIES STRAIGHT. I DONT HAVE TIME TO HELP PEOPLE WITH THEIR PIPEDREAM LIES.

For those of you that are being legit about their situation you can thank a certain azzhole for making me skeptical. Im here to help people accomplish what they are looking for not to listen to them feed me lies about their pipedream that dont have a shot at achieving.

PEACE

#21     Nov 29, 2007
  2. What are you smoking? You got good grades at Carnegie Mellon (my alma mater by the way) and did internships at Lehman and Morgan Stanley and now you want to join a bucket shop prop firm?

So you want to throw away a career path that could land you a mid six figure or possibly seven figure income for what...$0-$60K as a prop trader???

I'm ashamed to call you a fellow Tartan. Andrew Carnegie would be rolling in his grave...
    :confused:

#22     Nov 30, 2007
  3. I know I'm not the original poster but what do you mean by a bucket shop? I thought some people here said the experience you get is worth something. Plus, if you get to trade with someone else's money, well, what's the risk? I mean, lol, if you have enough to pay your living expenses for several months or can stay at your parents for a while or girlfriend covering your butt, who cares?

What is that bad with a prop firm?

#23     Nov 30, 2007
  4. I think ive figured it out what the allure of prop trading is. I mean being a legit prop trader is the ultimate end all on the street. They are the big swinging dicks on wall street. Im talking about the prop traders for the big banks, no matter how large of a prop trader you are at a prop firm your never going to be one of the big swinging dicks that the big banks have.

My advice, if you have the grades to get into one of the big banks on their institutional desk that is by and far yoru best and most intelligent option. But if you want to take the easy way out be a prop trader at a D grade bucket shop.

#24     Nov 30, 2007
  5. WTF? Don't be an ass - or we'll be ashamed to call you a Tartan. What are you twelve years old? Meet me outside Posner and I'll give you some more school-yard taunts. :D

NYCFinest had mostly firms that pay a salary in his list. As for myself, Yes, I'd consider working anywhere I felt was most advantageous. Carnegie grew up impoverished and educated himself. I doubt he would frown on anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit striking out boldly as long as they were rational and intelligent.

#25     Dec 2, 2007
  6. saabrjhs

saabrjhs

What makes you say these prop firms are D-List?

#26     Dec 2, 2007
  7. This dude's grammar sucks, but he certainly hit it right on the head!:p

#27     Dec 2, 2007
  8. Alright. I'll keep it all in mind. My situation is that I'm looking at internships. If I get an internship at a top firm, fine - if not, I don't want to do something where I won't learn much all summer. I didn't come to Tepper to do anything uninteresting.

#28     Dec 2, 2007
  9. I get your point - but it's not like I'm being wishy-washy about any of this. I think you're taking my "that's fine" differently than I intended. I'm not indifferent. I just can't bank on getting a top internship.

Yeah - I won't settle for anything uninteresting. I'm not saying that to be a brat but because I want something interesting. It's an uncompromising stance, admittedly.

There are many paths to $100K+ jobs - but the key thing here is that I've spent too much time doing stuff I'm not really interested in and I don't want to continue that. If it's not a passion, I don't want to do it. I'd rather work for less than I make now. It ain't the money, really.

#29     Dec 2, 2007
  10. I agree with everyone... As i look for a prop firm myself haha

#30     Dec 6, 2007