Prop Firms That Care?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TraderNYC, Jan 19, 2003.

1. This is funny! Candlesticks! Thats it!
    Imagine that...a class on 'sticks. LOL

Too many college dreamers hangin' around here lately.

#31     Jan 20, 2003
  2. Thanks for the info. I did not see their website.

Does that mean that they are a sub llc of Millenium?

#32     Jan 20, 2003
  3. A few thoughts...

I bought a townhouse after my first years bonus with Goldman...Did any of you get a bonus last year? EXACTLY...that was at age 23....

As far as Candle Sticks...I took 7 classes which Goldman paid for from NYIF...the Steve Nison course was over $7,000 a person...the other classes were on Options Strategies...and technical analysis....Point is I have been taught by the best...sat with the best and learned from the best......

I left Goldman beacuse like I SAID...they were firing NASDAQ MMs they were not placing any of us there....THey only offered us spots on the NYSE or AMEX...I chose AMEX just to stick around...

#33     Jan 20, 2003
  4. A few thoughts...

I bought a townhouse after my first years bonus with Goldman...Did any of you get a bonus last year? EXACTLY...that was at age 23....

As far as Candle Sticks...I took 7 classes which Goldman paid for from NYIF...the Steve Nison course was over $7,000 a person...the other classes were on Options Strategies...and technical analysis....Point is I have been taught by the best...sat with the best and learned from the best......

I left Goldman beacuse like I SAID...they were firing NASDAQ MMs they were not placing any of us there....THey only offered us spots on the NYSE or AMEX...I chose AMEX just to stick around...

It is funny that you think Trading takes Decades...to learn...Half the MMs at Spear were between 25-30...They seem to take all of your $$$$$$$ everyday! SLK Prop Desk as well...another yopung desk that probably took your Money.....

#34     Jan 20, 2003
  5. lescor

lescor

I can't imagine shops that pressure you to trade more, that is just so transparent and obviously lame. Rebate trading I can understand because that's what the whole business model depends on.

If you want someone who will train you and follow up and spend time on you and actually care, I think you'd need to hook up with a place that has a profit sharing agreement, doesn't require much money down, doesn't hose you with high rates and fees and actually provides training and mentoring. Their future profitability is tied to the long term success of their traders.

#35     Jan 20, 2003
  6. What's your point you conceited sh*t? I bet my tax bill alone was greater than your salary and bonus combined. Did you earn 7 figures - EXACTLY. Does that mean your pals (who you couldn't cut the mustard with) took my $$$$ everyday? EXACTLY.

Prediction: You will foreclose on your overleveraged town house before you make any $$$$$$ trading.

#36     Jan 20, 2003
  7. You are so funny. MM took all the trader's money, and yet Goldman fired them.

What's the point of you coming to an on-line community asking for an advice, when all you do is insult it's members with you stupid comments.

#37     Jan 20, 2003
  8. Listen...I am not insulting its members...people are over sensitive here...

Please understand that orderflow volume dropped significantly last year...that is why Goldman made cuts...every bank in the industry did.....

As far as 7 figure salary...no where close...I made $95,000 my first year out of college...! Not bad...at all.

As far as experince...I had the Best internships in college...every summer...I was on a trading Desk...PaineWebber, Rob Peck McCooey and a small hedge fund...You people make me laugh...Stop being so jealous...!

Like I said...I am more intelligent than a clerk on an exchange...that is why I left...I did not get fired!

Anyway...I saw how Goldman Trained their Market makers...do you people really think you hvae better skill? just be honest with yourself...

#38     Jan 20, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

RS7,

Thanks for the clarification. It would be interesting to know what is the "style" being favored these days there.

BTW, it is interesting that the weak ones were being sold on rallies - that could cut down on bullet costs.

nitro

#39     Jan 20, 2003
  10. First year out of college I made 5 times what you did, so stop it man, it's not even entertaining.

I personally don't know any Goldman MMs, and I'm not familiar with the training, so can't comment on that. But based on you, my impression of their MM group is not too high.

Returning to the original question of the thread, if there are any prop firms that truly care about their traders, yes there are such firms out there, but they are probably not good enough for someone like you.

#40     Jan 20, 2003