Prop Firms That Care?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TraderNYC, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Are there any Prop Firms that truly care about their employees and their success? I worked for Spear, Leeds & Kellogg went through their Trader Training Program...It was the best year of my life...I left because I got placed on the AMEX Options and really wanted to be on Capital Markets...NASDAQ Market Making...The point is...SLK really cared about its Traders...I realize it is not a Prop Shop but...I am looking for that same high quality in a Proprietary Firm...Seems like all these firms just pressure you to churn...you make nothing they make the tickets and your capital decreases...eventually you bail and another sucker steps forward? I am young and dont have an extra $10,000 laying around...but I am addicted to Trading....What would you do if you were me?

2. nitro

nitro

Addicted to trading? It's a job...

Hmmm, you want someone to care about you when most everyone is trying to rip your throat out? Have you considered going back to SLK? It sounds like the nurturing environment that you crave.

FWIW, I have heard that Shoenfeld has a great training program. I do not know if this is still true...

nitro

3. Yes..Addicted...

Nitro...mainly talking from a managment standpoint...Just want a legit shop...and nothing like a Rebate Shop that just has people churning...for a rebate....

4. NYC, I thought you worked for Domestic? Were you not on ET this past summer touting its offer and its recruiter?

5. Yes I did the Domestic Thing...for 3 months...to me it was a scam...Being told to TRADE...or we werent trading enough is bullshit...! I didnt want to bring it up...because I dont like bad mouthing...but since you brought it up I will respond....! When I left they even kept my Capital...I am looking for a legit place....No more bullshit..Domestic is a rebate shop...something they forgot to mention before I started....

6. SLK/GS is top shelf in terms of training, exposure to diff markets, and other perks that no prop shop can ever offer you. If you play your cards right, meet the right poeple, make $ for them, you could be retired mid-40's . I made the mistake of leaving them to start my own little non-trading related business, to this day, I wish I had not done it.

7. G...you worked for SLK? What did you do...I know my first year Salary was sick along with bonus...I am kicking myself now...but Freedom does have a price tag...

8. Employee..?....or Customer?? What can a prop firms incentive really be in spending any significant amount of time with trader development? I LOVE the idea of learning from others experiences but it seems like everyone is there to trade, not teach(unless of course they can charge ya for it). What I am looking for is an enviornment that promotes and supports highly effetive communication. A place to bounce ideas(not keyboards) around from time to time. Lemme know if you find any such places in San Francisco area or the South Florida area. It seems like Gree Tree Trading in San Jose and San Francisco is shooting for this type of enviornment although I have yet to personally check how their trading room interacts. Seems that if the management is cool...it trickles....

9. I just went to GTT's website...not bad...seems like they are involved in all area of trading...Interested in their NYC office...I would want to see a history of their trades, strategies and traders backgrounds...

10. GTT NY office is a Millinium Brokerage office...we are affiliated with them...so thats why there offices are posted on the website...the actual GTT offices are in San Jose and San francisco...We will have a new Office open in San Francisco in the Next month.
    Cheers

#10     Jan 19, 2003